GDT: Rangers @ Blues - "You Should Be Too Drunk For This St. Paddy's Day Game" Edition - 3/17/18 - 8pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Can't help but feel this is a dig at Lundqvist

Combined with AV's comments earlier essentially saying Lundqvist wasn't good enough and that's why the team was slipping.

Reactions: yrrebbor

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
You should pre-game getting lit while at the game.
I edited my post as you quoted me:laugh:

It'll be me and 6 of my buddies going. We'll make sure to be loud and obnoxious.

One of the 6 is a stars fan that will be wearing his Seguin Jersey. So definitely expecting to get into at least one fight.

Either way win or lose. It's going to be lit

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I was really hoping Hank would get to 30 wins again. There's still a shot, but not if AV doesn't play him.

I have a feeling that this is AVs final show of power before he is gone. He knows Hank will be the leading force behind him getting sacked so this is his final f*** you to Hank.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
AV refuse to use Henrik, why?
Henrik should start this game, but whatever.. We`ve soon Lias and he will be called up and we will see new line shuffling in near future, 3 passer won`t be that successful when Hayes & Zucc figure out they are better passers. `grin

Why is`t so hard - send this coach packing - and someone help him to drive him to airport and pack his bags. He obviously miss his closest family near Canada. :confused: :)

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Idk, I think everything's reading into it too much. Georgiev's playing well, they have a question of who's the backup next year and Georgiev is being given a chance to prove himself for that role, and Henrik's already played an absurd amount of games in what is now a meaningless season. No issue playing Georgiev again.

Reactions: eco's bones

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
Any ideas what Lundquist thinks of the situation? Is he satisfied not to stop 40-50 shots every game or worried to stay on the bench?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I edited my post as you quoted me:laugh:

It'll be me and 6 of my buddies going. We'll make sure to be loud and obnoxious.

One of the 6 is a stars fan that will be wearing his Seguin Jersey. So definitely expecting to get into at least one fight.

Either way win or lose. It's going to be lit

Pet peeve of mine is people wearing jerseys to teams that aren't playing. Especially if it's from the same sport.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Can't help but feel this is a dig at Lundqvist

Combined with AV's comments earlier essentially saying Lundqvist wasn't good enough and that's why the team was slipping.
Not sure if it's a "dig" but just may be the truth. While Hank has been outstanding in many games lately, he has had a few rough ones. In comparison Georgiev has been consistently good. 30 wins for Hank doesn't mean crap to the Rangers right now (coming from JG and above) getting games for GG is much more important moving forward.
Also......do we really WANT Hank and the Rangers to win those 5 or 6 more games? Not saying that GG will lose them or should play badly but........a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Also......maybe this steams in Hanks head over the summer and helps to changing his mind about lesser role? I dunno.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yeah
Pet peeve of mine is people wearing jerseys to teams that aren't playing. Especially if it's from the same sport.
Yeah, makes no sense. Unless your his boyfriend/girlfriend or that actual player. In this case Seguin. And I would think he wouldn't be scouting a Rangers game.......or would he?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The Blues are trying hard to rectify their ship. Sending a serious message trading away Stastny at deadline. Gonna be a loss for the boys in blue......just hoping for a solid showing for the kids. Don't want embarrassment in any shape or form.
Don't know why, but i still believe that Buch is gonna break out soon. Kreids and Zbad have been scoring now it's Buch turn.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I have a feeling that this is AVs final show of power before he is gone. He knows Hank will be the leading force behind him getting sacked so this is his final **** you to Hank.

Maybe, also could be possible that Gorton is in his ear a bit about trying out the kid and not necessarily winning every game.

I remember an interview with Ron Wilson where he discussed that exact scenario happening while he was with the Leafs.

EDIT - found an article talking about it; looks like it was while he was coaching the '98-'99 Capitals.

Did Ron Wilson admit Capitals GM told him to tank season?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Awesome, any reason as to why u may have been blessed with that? Any connection in your mind? Or, simply luck?

Well, I bought tickets behind the benches and Lias noticed me, tossed a puck and it's on my desk at work now. I was as happy as that kid who that stick from Buch haha

I decided to bring the Frolunda jersey with me on my trip because I didn't have my Sweden Andersson jersey yet (delivery was delayed).

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I have a feeling that this is AVs final show of power before he is gone. He knows Hank will be the leading force behind him getting sacked so this is his final **** you to Hank.

I think it's more about finding out if Georgie is good enough for next season's role as a backup and maybe we don't need to sign a vet G than it is anything about Lundqvist

Morten

May 24, 2014
I'm pretty sure Hank and AV aren't very happy with eachother lately, a few days ago I read an article where Lundqvist said it annoys him a lot he gets pulled from games where the team is bleeding high quality chances, specifically he mentioned the match where Tampa had 22 chances in 30minutes and he got pulled after the misplay behind the goal

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It’s no longer about Henrik Lundqvist. We have to move on as an organization and do what’s best for our future. Right now it’s about evaluating a 22 year old goalie that is showing he belongs. That’s far more important than getting a hall of Famer 4 more w’s to pad his record.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It’s no longer about Henrik Lundqvist. We have to move on as an organization and do what’s best for our future. Right now it’s about evaluating a 22 year old goalie that is showing he belongs. That’s far more important than getting a hall of Famer 4 more w’s to pad his record.

It rarely happens, but here we agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad