Pre-Game Talk: Rangers - Blues (11/3/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Lol, it's not remotely even. We are missing 4 of our top 6 D-Men and will be icing 2 full time AHL D-Men and 2 borderline NHL level players. Not to mention our 1st line C.

You don't have an answer for any of those D-Men missing. Just because Bo and Lindstrom had the sniffles doesn't bring it remotely close to being on par with our guys.

Our injury issues are far worse then yours. It's not even remotely close.

Well said its not even close. I guess it is what it is. Not gonna lie excited to see mcilrath tomorrow. It's only been 5 years lol

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Yea, I don't really understand why people are freaking out. If he has a fight, he has a fight. If he doesn't, he doesn't. What I care about most is if he plays a strong, smart, defensive game.

Exactly - a strong, smart defensive game.

Everyone knows he can fight. The question is, can he play NHL defense. If he can't, the fighting ability doesn't matter.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
This should be an easy game, so I wonder how we'll make it a hard one.

By playing like ****?

One thing the Rangers tend to do is play better in front of their back-ups. Yeah half the defense is out, but the forwards are still capable of putting a ton of shots on net. St. Louis will still have their hands full.

Whiskers*

Hey Fire Sather, you got it all backwards. It's obvious to the Ranger brass that Mavillrath can't play at this level so for him to be valuable he better stick up for his teammates. If he could play he would of been in this lineup 3 years ago like other 1st rounders!!

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
Tarasenko is a borderline star in this league

McIlrath can beat him into a bloody pulp

We chose the right player guys

We? No one on this board was consulted by NYR management that I'm aware of.

We get it, you hate the pick, McI sucks and if only we had Tarasenko everything would be sunshine and gumdrops.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Makes zero sense to me when Hank has played one game in like 7 or 8 days or so that we'd play our backup goaltender with 4 Minor league Dmen and Stepan still out.

You may at least get Stepan back for the next one against detroit play talbot there. And quite frankly it's not like talbot has been good. He's looked awful in camp and his one start and reports are he's been bad in practice according to Leonard. Really makes zero sense to me

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: #NYR Conor Allen will wear 37 tonight, McIlrath 42â€

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@PLeonardNYDN: Derek Stepan wearing a normal jersey for today's AM skate at MSG. First time he's skated without the yellow non-contact jersey #NYR”

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think we get step back wednesday this is a good sign

Another practice tomorrow a game day skate wednesday and he jumps in

We need him now more than ever

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@PLeonardNYDN: So remember when I said Saturday that it appeared Zuccarello had hurt himself in 2nd period? He's not on ice this AM at MSGâ€

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Not going to panic yet. There was no call-up and Malone went down. Unless Zucc just decided today he wasn't up to playing, I am awaiting official word here.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Not going to panic yet. There was no call-up and Malone went down. Unless Zucc just decided today he wasn't up to playing, I am awaiting official word here.

Malone hasn't been reassigned yet and even if he clears waivers, he doesn't have to be right away. Cleared waivers are valid for 30 days. Malone could play tonight and be sent down tomorrow.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

Im gonna go on a wild guess and call maintenance. As long as he managed to continue the game there is no good indication that he's hurt. (tears hurt immediately) He might be really sore however, could be why

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Malone hasn't been reassigned yet and even if he clears waivers, he doesn't have to be right away. Cleared waivers are valid for 30 days. Malone could play tonight and be sent down tomorrow.

That's true in regards to a call-up. If he hasn't been assigned though wouldn't there be a roster size issue?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
That's true in regards to a call-up. If he hasn't been assigned though wouldn't there be a roster size issue?

Not as long as Stepan and Boyle are still on IR.

IR (3): McDonagh, Stepan, Boyle
F (13): Nash, Kreider, MSL, Zuccarello, Brassard, Duclair, Stempniak, Hagelin, Hayes, Moore, Glass, Malone, Mueller
D (8): Staal, Girardi, Moore, Klein, Hunwick, Kostka, Allen, McIlrath
G (2): Lundqvist, Talbot

23 active, 3 on IR.

With Malone already having been put on waivers, it's a definite indication that Mueller is going to stay with the team as the 13th F once Stepan comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad