Samuelsson
2024 1st
2024 2nd
Rosèn

Tampa pieces:
Cernak
Cirelli

Just saying to make a deal from the pieces listed above
I could see Samuelson being of interest to Tampa. They like the long cost controlled guys

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
What about some combo of;

Buffalo pieces:
Jokhiharju
Krebs
Samuelsson
2024 1st
2024 2nd
Rosèn

Tampa pieces:
Cernak
Cirelli

Just saying to make a deal from the pieces listed above

That is an awful lot...

Curious how you are breaking this down as

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
That is an awful lot...

Curious how you are breaking this down as
In just saying any of Buffalo’s pieces for either or both of those Tampa pieces.

So hypothetically something like:

Sabres ‘24 1st
Krebs
Samuelssor

For
Cirelli and Cernak

But could also see:
Cirelli for #11

Or could see:
Cernak for Jokhiharju & 24’ 2nd

Just throwing out pieces I think Buffalo will have available and pieces I think Tampa may be willing to part with

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Unless Tampa is addressing a main position of weakness(mainly, adding a top 4 dman), trading Cirelli makes absolutely no sense. Tampa doesn't need to move him at all, so if they don't get the player they need/want as part of the deal, they shouldn't be thinking of moving Cirelli.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Nothing is grosser than Buffalo fans acting like a trade for a veteran player would somehow offend them.

Like, we have literally been eating at the Golden Corral or Ponderosa or whatever the comp is.

The idea that we have some kind of vantage point, some kind of appeal, is silly.

Buffalo just needs to focus on developing our own and if there's a dick who feels the need to comment on rumors about the team, we should all laugh at them. Buffalo has zero assets and zero market appeal. I say this as a Buffalonian.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Nothing is grosser than Buffalo fans acting like a trade for a veteran player would somehow offend them.

Like, we have literally been eating at the Golden Corral or Ponderosa or whatever the comp is.

The idea that we have some kind of vantage point, some kind of appeal, is silly.

Buffalo just needs to focus on developing our own and if there's a dick who feels the need to comment on rumors about the team, we should all laugh at them. Buffalo has zero assets and zero market appeal. I say this as a Buffalonian.
The only trade in here that has anyone saying absolute no is Power and Savoie which is completely understandable..........you can acquire good vets without being gutted value wise.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm going full Bernmeister:

Cirelli
Cernak
Jeannot

For

11th overall 2024
Rosén
2025 2nd
Krebs
Jokiharju

If this was a full bern notice, it would be one of the first three with guys like Myers and Koepke from the farm team for all of the "for" pieces, but there would be long passage about how Phillipe Myers and Cole Koepke would push the deal to being even and fair.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I'm going full Bernmeister:

Cirelli
Cernak
Jeannot

For

11th overall 2024
Rosén
2025 2nd
Krebs
Jokiharju
Tampa should decline. They downgrade defensively, severely downgrade offensively, and they get one decent prospect and 2 magic beans in exchange. I don't see Cernak really available at all given his position and where Tampa's needs are, and Brisebois should only pick up the phone on Cirelli if it's for help now, not futures that *might* help several years down the line.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Tampa should decline. They downgrade defensively, severely downgrade offensively, and they get one decent prospect and 2 magic beans in exchange. I don't see Cernak really available at all given his position and where Tampa's needs are, and Brisebois should only pick up the phone on Cirelli if it's for help now, not futures that *might* help several years down the line.
Post after post, you prove my point about Tampa Bay fans being unwilling to move long time high priced fan favorites in favor of starting to look forward.
By all means, keep throwing every penny of Cap space at an aging group of five or six players while the rest of the league gets younger.
By all means, trade what little talent is left in the pipeline for another scrub who may or may not fit.
By all means, keep following what the Penguins did and refuse to trade assets while they still have value.
By all means, keep living in the past while the rest of the fans in the league look forward and laugh at your refusal to accept the FACT that the Tampa Bay organization as a whole is not the powerhouse it once was and is now an average franchise that, if not for the super human efforts of Kucherov and to a lesser degree Hagel, would be a Lottery Team this season..

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I was thinking about it more as a package where they get cheap depth and ammo to make a big trade (and cap space on top of that). It's more than what Buffalo got for ROR and Eichel, many players would waive their nmc/ntc for Tampa so they should be able to keep Jokiharju and Krebs and trade the rest for a real upgrade from one of Cernak/Cirelli.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Post after post, you prove my point about Tampa Bay fans being unwilling to move long time high priced fan favorites in favor of starting to look forward.
By all means, keep throwing every penny of Cap space at an aging group of five or six players while the rest of the league gets younger.
By all means, trade what little talent is left in the pipeline for another scrub who may or may not fit.
By all means, keep following what the Penguins did and refuse to trade assets while they still have value.
By all means, keep living in the past while the rest of the fans in the league look forward and laugh at your refusal to accept the FACT that the Tampa Bay organization as a whole is not the powerhouse it once was and is now an average franchise that, if not for the super human efforts of Kucherov and to a lesser degree Hagel, would be a Lottery Team this season..
Yes, a core that averages just over 29 is ancient... The trade does very little to help the team, as JBB isn't entering a rebuild. Neither Krebs nor Jokiharju are anything special, and a couple of picks that again, may help the team 3+ years away given Tampa's glacial development speed, aren't worth losing Cirelli and Cernak.

By all means though, continue with your doom and gloom narrative because Tampa won't trade valuable young pieces for lottery tickets.

Tampa will have the cap space, provided JBB moves out Sheary, Jeannot, and probably Perbix, to keep the players they need to keep(Stamkos and Duclair or another similarly priced F), and still be able to add one depth dman.

I'm not in favor of losing 40 goal, ppg scorers(Stamkos), or trading important younger core pieces(Cirelli, Cernak, Serg) for underwhelming returns. I would consider trading Cirelli as part of a deal for an actual top 4 dman, and if Stamkos wants more than.what Tampa can offer and still improve the team, he can walk.

Tampa is still a strong organization, and while no longer at the very top as they were a few years ago, with some better depth adds and a rising cap, there is still time for this group to contend for another title. The defense needs some help and a new system, plus hopefully not having Vasy and Serg miss a considerable amount of time next year, will also improve. It's not time for a rebuild, despite the hot take, knee-jerk reactions from some Tampa fans on here.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I was thinking about it more as a package where they get cheap depth and ammo to make a big trade (and cap space on top of that). It's more than what Buffalo got for ROR and Eichel, many players would waive their nmc/ntc for Tampa so they should be able to keep Jokiharju and Krebs and trade the rest for a real upgrade from one of Cernak/Cirelli.
In theory, if Tampa had another deal in the works for a top 4 RD, then maybe. I don't see a reason to move Cernak though, as he is the best defensive dman they have and moving him creates another hole at a position they already need to address. Cirelli would be available perhaps in a deal for said top 4 dman or if the pick/prospects Tampa acquired could then be flipped quickly for that player. Otherwise, I don't see Tampa moving on from Cirelli(and I doubt they will anyway since they just extended him for 8 years a year ago).

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Yes, a core that averages just over 29 is ancient... The trade does very little to help the team, as JBB isn't entering a rebuild. Neither Krebs nor Jokiharju are anything special, and a couple of picks that again, may help the team 3+ years away given Tampa's glacial development speed, aren't worth losing Cirelli and Cernak.

By all means though, continue with your doom and gloom narrative because Tampa won't trade valuable young pieces for lottery tickets.

Tampa will have the cap space, provided JBB moves out Sheary, Jeannot, and probably Perbix, to keep the players they need to keep(Stamkos and Duclair or another similarly priced F), and still be able to add one depth dman.

I'm not in favor of losing 40 goal, ppg scorers(Stamkos), or trading important younger core pieces(Cirelli, Cernak, Serg) for underwhelming returns. I would consider trading Cirelli as part of a deal for an actual top 4 dman, and if Stamkos wants more than.what Tampa can offer and still improve the team, he can walk.

Tampa is still a strong organization, and while no longer at the very top as they were a few years ago, with some better depth adds and a rising cap, there is still time for this group to contend for another title. The defense needs some help and a new system, plus hopefully not having Vasy and Serg miss a considerable amount of time next year, will also improve. It's not time for a rebuild, despite the hot take, knee-jerk reactions from some Tampa fans on here.
If you had an idea how Cap Space works, you would know and understand it is NOT the younger players with the favorable first or second pro contracts that need to be dealt or released.
Then again, trying to have an honest discussion with you, be it here or on the Tampa board, is a waste of time as you refuse to accept the facts that knowledgeable fans from around the rest of the league see and understand.
Have a nice day.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
If you had an idea how Cap Space works, you would know and understand it is NOT the younger players with the favorable first or second pro contracts that need to be dealt or released.
Then again, trying to have an honest discussion with you, be it here or on the Tampa board, is a waste of time as you refuse to accept the facts that knowledgeable fans from around the rest of the league see and understand.
Have a nice day.
Nah, you're not posting facts, just a very condescending remark because you don't like someone's position that doesn't agree with you. Maybe when you're not super mad you'll post something worth anything. Until then, have the day you deserve.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
:sabres

Anthony Cirelli
Erik Cernak
Tanner Jeannot

:bolts

Owen Power
11th Overall
Tampa should take that deal imo. I don't know if Buffalo would offer that package, but it would give Tampa a quality top 4 dman and the resources to go out and get another higher quality player either via trading the 11th pick or in ufa with the cap space that would still be there(even after Power's new deal kicks in).

Edit: while the value is there, after doing some quick cap math, I'm nor sure it works that well for Tampa. They do save some space, yes, but being able to add enough F depth to make up for Cirelli and then still having to fill in an additional spot on the blueline and re-sign Stamkos might be too much to pull off after Power's salary jump.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
:sabres

Anthony Cirelli
Erik Cernak
Tanner Jeannot

:bolts

Owen Power
11th Overall

There’s no way in hell Buffalo trades Power for that. If he’s not viewed as close to untouchable, he’s certainly viewed in a light that he’d only be dealt for a superstar. A package of expensive, solid, middle of the roster players sure ain’t that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad