Post-Game Talk: RANGERS @ avalanche | 10pm | MSG+

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
He gets to his backhand faster than any goalie can get over. He beats them every time. He doesn't necessarily finish, roofing the backhand is not easy. But it's a video game cheat move if he can execute.
Goalie was literally on top of the backhand deke last night with his glove above the puck and 1 foot back. He knew what was coming. Maybe deking a stride sooner would have helped? Also if the goalie was a righty he'd have had a better shot of beating the blocker versus glove hand, even though he knew it was coming. When executed properly even a goalie knowing it's coming would have trouble making the stop.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
KK needs to lift that backhand OR aim more 5-hole (back towards the goalie). He scored on a similar move earlier this year when the goalie lifted his pad and the puck luckily slipped under it. Almost happened last night again, just needed the puck aimed a bit more back towards the goalie so it could go through the open legs.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
3 points on the back-to-back road games against two top Western teams is nothing to sneeze. But if you do sneeze at it, please do so into your sleeve.
I mean, they should have gotten all four. Colorado is missing half their team.

And it's Francouz, not Hellebyuck (even though he was playing like Helly last night)

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Francouz who had a .922 save percentage (same as Helly) in 33 games going into last night?

Yeah I was impressed by the guy. Quite a UDFA find- it's hard to tell with the KHL goalie stats sometimes if they'll translate over here.

I have a feeling he's gonna stick around.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
my freakout last night aside, even with half their roster, Colorado are a really good team and we hung in pretty well against them.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
He gets to his backhand faster than any goalie can get over. He beats them every time. He doesn't necessarily finish, roofing the backhand is not easy. But it's a video game cheat move if he can execute.

It's like Petr Sykora's backhand on breakaways/shootouts or Zuccarello's forehand, backhand, forehand in the shootouts.

Reactions: James Matheson

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
NHL should go with a 31 team P/O tournament. All teams would also start with an equal chance to win the draft lottery and as you get further into the playoffs your odds drop. It would be bedlam with so much hockeying. Go crazy with this now lol

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
So now what do we do?
90023941_10159006948392502_7154790090588291072_n.jpg

Reactions: NYSPORTS

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
So now what do we do?
Hard to say. This virus is still going strong. It hasn't even peaked yet. Our best chance is probably the warmer weather. This season is a throw away. Hope we can start anew in October. Don't see anyway they can salvage this season.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
I got an old school knock hockey table if anyone wants to come over for a best of seven series.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Buchnevich is pretty damn clutch.

And that Lemieux hit is being called a headshot by people LOL. He gave the guy a light nudge shoulder on shoulder as the whistle went, it happens all the time. Shouldn't have even been a penalty. Donskoi is one of the softest guys in the league

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Ya there’s a misconception that they’re Shit City without MacKinnon.
Most good teams can handle losing their best player for a few weeks

After that it becomes a lot more noticeable. But I think people overrate the short term impact of injuries to top players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad