Post-Game Talk: RANGERS @ avalanche | 10pm | MSG+

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The NBA season isn't over, though. I doubt either one of them ends.
Me too. I think they need to take a break and let this stuff blow over. Once we start getting the recovery numbers, as opposed to focusing just on the worst cases, I think people will start breathing easier.

Reactions: romba

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The NBA season isn't over, though. I doubt either one of them ends.

They likely will go right into the playoffs. Cant imagine either of these indefinite postponements only last a month. Think we are looking early May. (Assuming nhl is going the same route as nba)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They likely will go right into the playoffs. Cant imagine either of these indefinite postponements only last a month. Think we are looking early May. (Assuming nhl is going the same route as nba)
They're probably just gonna shift to closed-door games.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
I had a sort of a theory that with where the pro sports are going, we're sooner or later arrive at completely remote games.. probably played by 90yo Messi and Ronaldo / Crosby and Ovi sitting at their villas on private islands, remotely controlling some androids.

could be a test run of phase 1 if they opt for behind the closed doors games

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Buchnevich goal to tie it with 13 seconds left at least got us the point. That was one of those games where I thought we fought so hard to get that goal back that now comes the letdown.......and Mika cranks one right off the bar right before Makar ends it. The game depends a lot on luck. Strome was so frustrating in this one--I like him but I was geting pissed off with him--he missed at least two empty nets that were laying there just for him. Kakko also missed on a couple golden opportunities. I will say Kaapo the last two weeks or so has looked a lot better and better for him to be getting opportunities even if he doesn't finish than to not be getting them.

Colorado was missing a lot of guys---the Rangers though were having issues with the thin mountain air and they were somewhat tired IMO from playing the night before. Francouz was outstanding. In a way I think we should have won this one.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Another great game for Fox... Those little plays he makes in his own zone to get the puck out ... You just don't see it from many D-men, and from rookie ones no less. Can't believe how good he already is

I'm also glad we kept Buch.. can see him having a career year next season and breaking 60. I think he gets too much shit for being inconsistent.. as long as we're not relying on him day in and out to be the main guy he's an excellent secondary player to have

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The Buchnevich goal to tie it with 13 seconds left at least got us the point. That was one of those games where I thought we fought so hard to get that goal back that now comes the letdown.......and Mika cranks one right off the bar right before Makar ends it. The game depends a lot on luck. Strome was so frustrating in this one--I like him but I was geting pissed off with him--he missed at least two empty nets that were laying there just for him. Kakko also missed on a couple golden opportunities. I will say Kaapo the last two weeks or so has looked a lot better and better for him to be getting opportunities even if he doesn't finish than to not be getting them.

Colorado was missing a lot of guys---the Rangers though were having issues with the thin mountain air and they were somewhat tired IMO from playing the night before. Francouz was outstanding. In a way I think we should have won this one.
Agree completely. I’d add that the refs were pretty crap too. I didn’t get to see the whole game but Colorado plays a pretty cynical style. They appeared to essentially challenge the officials to call all their nonsense. And the officials just did the usual one-for-you-one-for-them “game management” nonsense.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Zibanejad does always the same move on breakaways. He is the hottest player in the league so people scout him. Might want to try something else once in a while.
He’s got other moves but that’s worked recently and is his go to. Goalies are clearly aware and waiting for the backhand forehand backhand deke. Keep it the same, just slip it 5 hole. Occasionally let er tip as well to keep goalies on their toes.

Reactions: egelband

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Panarin needs to shoot more. Not sure why he is always looking for the extra pass but he has a great shot and he should use it

Hopefully he's shaking out of it. Taking shots wasn't really a problem last night... he had 6, which is his 3rd highest total all year. The issue last night was that his shot wasn't dangerous.

Reactions: BreadKick

Metranger

May 22, 2015
I'm still so heated about Lemieux being out there in OT last night.

Guathier only playing 7 minutes. Kakko off his best game in a long time only playing 10 minutes.

Lemieux in fricking overtime, are you shitting me?
I've been wondering why Lemieux is even on the power play. He's not Chris Kreider, no matter how much Quinn wets his dreams about it.

Some of his personnel decisions leave a lot to be desired. Is he continually wishing and hoping for a fantasy outcome that never comes to pass?

Reactions: romba

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'm still so heated about Lemieux being out there in OT last night.

Guathier only playing 7 minutes. Kakko off his best game in a long time only playing 10 minutes.

Lemieux in fricking overtime, are you shitting me?
Smh. DQ does says a lot of the right things, his team plays hard for him. But his team also plays some misguided hockey with their effort. Young or not, a coach enforces a system and game plan. For example, not having his team clog the neutral zone and get pucks deep in the 3rd period of tie games to ensure OT to at least get 1 point. It happened many, many times. 1-2 times would have been fine, but it happened like 5-7 times. He lets them skate around recklessly. And then his game personnel decisions. Mind blowing. Last night was his latest example with Lemieux getting on the ice in OT. Even without the penalty he should not have been out there.

You run 3 lines out in OT. Thats it.

Zib-Panarin-DeAngelo
Strome-Buch-Fox

3rd line can be speed and/or talent on the forward side. Trouba the D. And its a line that comes on mid play, not for faceoffs.

Kakko/DiGuiseppe/Gauthier-Trouba

Yet we got Lemieux, his lover boy out there. This guy, who I absolutely like for what he brings, HAS NO BUSINESS being on for the PP2, 6-on-5 empty nets, and OT.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
3 points would have been fantastic if they just took care of business against the Devils.
This is what I was thinking also. That Devils game really f***ed some things here. In fact they could have split and I would have been understanding of it. So before the Devils game, I had hoped for 4 points out of the next possible 6. We finished with 3.

We will see if it makes or breaks the season...when it resumes

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
ok boys

i was at the game and i gotta tell you we were impressed with the guys. you could see the legs left them in the 2nd. back to back and elevation both took its toll. i have hard time occasionally with the elevation cant imagine those guys. proud.

great game. back and forth pond hockey but with some terrific defensive plays. awesome game. tough end but overall f***ing great game.

lets start.

tonyD. this kid is the engine that this team runs thru, the PP and late in games its crystal clear. give him the puck. he carries the mail- there isnt anyone better getting the puck from point A to point B. the PP runs thru him and his passing, skating and vision is other worldly.

adam fox. SUPERSTAR. makes all the right plays every time. his little head fakes and spins and ability to separate himself from trouble is amazing. kids a legit NHL top 4 guy today. future allstar stud.

buchnevich was active and engaged all game. dude is pretty tall. nice hands. always shows emotion.

i though kakko played well and that julien gautier move was money. kid is fast.

holden skates in mudd. he does NOTHING for me. staal looks like hes carrying holden while skating in mudd

mika is on another level right now. perhaps hottest player in the league.

call me nuts but i am a big time brendan smith fan. hes just game for anything and plays nasty and can do alot of stuff. hes not stealing money, not by along shot.

Georgie not his best game.

francouz stole this game. numerous posts but also some sick stops. guys good on his head. hes a lefty too which is kinda cool.

17k in the building. great barn. nice people. easy parking and in and out building.

had bison pastrami poutine. outstanding.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It definitely is still impressive, I totally agree. Especially this game. Playing the second half of a back to back in Denver is f***ing bullshit honestly.
I believe it to be downright dangerous and at the very least, a TOTALLY unfair match-up. Oh well, that's the NHL for you.

Reactions: RGY

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Zibanejad does always the same move on breakaways. He is the hottest player in the league so people scout him. Might want to try something else once in a while.
Said that to myself last night. ESPECIALLY since goalie is a lefty with glove in right hand. Perfect scenario for Mike to snap a wrister blocker side.
Bad Mika, bad boy... didn't do your homework.

Last edited:

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
And the garbage Isles get in with their lousy 24ish RW's. Incredible. The league will go by points % and piss a lot of people off. CBJ deserves it more than the Isles. They've lost their entire team, and there's no given the Isles will even get a point with their two games in hand. They're awful.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
And the garbage Isles get in with their lousy 24ish RW's. Incredible. The league will go by points % and piss a lot of people off. CBJ deserves it more than the Isles. They've lost their entire team, and there's no given the Isles will even get a point with their two games in hand. They're awful.

It is far from a given that there will be a playoffs.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I see that and raise you not watching Liverpool win the PL trophy. We're 22 points up with 9 games to play.

I know bad things are happening but this is still important me. Sorry.
Lazio also got screwed out of a Scudetto. I think they were in 1st place or tied when Serie A suspended. As a Roma fan that’s probably the only positive about the situation.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
. For example, not having his team clog the neutral zone and get pucks deep in the 3rd period of tie games to ensure OT to at least get 1 point. It happened many, many times. 1-2 times would have been fine, but it happened like 5-7 times. He lets them skate around recklessly.
Agree with almost everything you said but regarding the above....yea, let's sit back and defend cuz that always works

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad