GDT: Rangers at Sabres: 7PM start

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Missed most of period and turned it on at 4-2.

Rewound to watch Okposo tussle and was sick to my stomach watching him get staggered

Hmm when i watched live i thought it was just a hilarious joke fight

Looked again..

Okposo got smoked, he didnt play again either

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Not sure goaltending is as solidified as most of us believe? They've been bad for a while now. I mean...the whole team has been underwhelming, but the goaltending seems to get overlooked by most of us.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Hmm when i watched live i thought it was just a hilarious joke fight

Looked again..

Okposo got smoked, he didnt play again either
Yeah, it was sad to see. I want the guy off the team, but you never want to see a guy get staggered like that, especially one wearing the blue and gold.

Reactions: jd1970

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Well I'm glad I missed this one.

So the big difference next year is that since management has decided winning at the NHL level will finally be a priority, it will magically happen?

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
I actually hated Sobotka more than Sheary on the 4th goal. He stood still forever just to avoid getting in the shooting lane, and then managed to avoid the passing lane to the guy on the doorstep too. He had so much time you could see the wheels turn in his head and him think and decide I’m not gonna get in front of this shot.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
The Okposo situation is exactly what the NHL needs to address. Players should not have to fight after a clean, hard hit.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
I actually hated Sobotka more than Sheary on the 4th goal. He stood still forever just to avoid getting in the shooting lane, and then managed to avoid the passing lane to the guy on the doorstep too. He had so much time you could see the wheels turn in his head and him think and decide I’m not gonna get in front of this shot.
It's the consistent dedication to expending as little energy as possible that makes me dislike him as much as I've ever disliked a Sabres player.

Intermission

Jan 17, 2016
Western NY

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
6 - 2 loss. Pretty much puts the final nail in any playoff hopes as far as I can see.

I didn't think the Sabres were very good defensively for much of the game. Ullmark was not radiating confidence out there.
Buffalo forwards could not finish - other than Skinner and his shot selection went to pot in the later stages of the 3rd.
These guys really weren't ready to play. That's been a consistent outcome this season. Doesn't reflect well on the team's leadership IMO.

Eichel is supposed to put this team on his back and wasn't able to do so.
Hopefully he grows into the role in the near future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad