GDT: Rangers at Sabres: 7PM start

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
The Aud should be rocking tonight as the Rangers make their way up the interstate from MSG.
Ed Giacomin gets the start over Gilles Villemure, while the Hadfield/Ratelle/Gilbert line is on fire as of late.
Ted Darling with the play by play tonight.
Roger Crozier gets the nod for the Sabres.

Ah, the good old days. When teams feared coming to play in Buffalo.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
If nothing else, the Rangers play hard. Quinn has guys battling for ice time, and they’re far from an easy out, no matter the record.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I have no idea what that above is but 3-1 win

lol. It''s a throwback. Highlights from one of the Sabres/Rangers games I attended at the Aud from the 70s.
I remember that Ranger line went in on Roger Crozier on a 3 on 0 breakaway. First time I ever saw Crozier leave his jockstrap on Main Street.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I think this is one of those swing games. If they win, I think the'll be in the hunt for the remainder. If they lose in regulation, they could be seven or eight points out when they take the ice on Sunday night, and things could go bad in a hurry.

Need to win these games against lesser teams. Come on Linus show us you are ready for that starter role!

I chuckle when I see these comments. Buffalo has been a "lesser team" than just about everyone, including the Rags, since the end of the win streak. :laugh:

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Rangers will be loose, Sabres will not. Sabres lose and the playoffs will just be a statistical curiosity until they are eliminated.

Reactions: Dark Ambient

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I think this is one of those swing games. If they win, I think the'll be in the hunt for the remainder. If they lose in regulation, they could be seven or eight points out when they take the ice on Sunday night, and things could go bad in a hurry.

I chuckle when I see these comments. Buffalo has been a "lesser team" than just about everyone, including the Rags, since the end of the win streak. :laugh:
how about "we need to win these games against teams that suck like we do?"

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey

So does that mean we need to beat ourselves?

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I would love it if Mitts bounced Sobotka once he is healthy and the lines stayed the same. I know there is zero chance that happens but I would like to see all the same.

If rather have Rodrigues centering Tage than Mittelstadt. Spread out the rookies

Reactions: Jim Bob

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If rather have Rodrigues centering Tage than Mittelstadt. Spread out the rookies

It won't happen, but I'd want Mitts with Sheary and Reinhart, ERod with Smith and TnT, and then Sobotka and Okposo can play rock/paper/scissors for the seat in the press box.

All the Thompson talk has proven that he needs to be away from Mitts and Sobotka.

If he is still bad with Smith and ERod...

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
The Aud should be rocking tonight as the Rangers make their way up the interstate from MSG.
Ed Giacomin gets the start over Gilles Villemure, while the Hadfield/Ratelle/Gilbert line is on fire as of late.
Ted Darling with the play by play tonight.
Roger Crozier gets the nod for the Sabres.

Ah, the good old days. When teams feared coming to play in Buffalo.

We Want Razor!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad