GDT: Rangers at Sabres: 7PM start

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
6 - 2 loss. Pretty much puts the final nail in any playoff hopes as far as I can see.

I didn't think the Sabres were very good defensively for much of the game. Ullmark was not radiating confidence out there.
Buffalo forwards could not finish - other than Skinner and his shot selection went to pot in the later stages of the 3rd.
These guys really weren't ready to play. That's been a consistent outcome this season. Doesn't reflect well on the team's leadership IMO.

Eichel is supposed to put this team on his back and wasn't able to do so.
Hopefully he grows into the role in the near future.
The team has exactly 2 other credible NHL quality forwards on our entire roster. I don't want to hear people shit on Jack like this is his fault. Not even f***ing McDavid can carry a team that is complete ass.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I actually hated Sobotka more than Sheary on the 4th goal. He stood still forever just to avoid getting in the shooting lane, and then managed to avoid the passing lane to the guy on the doorstep too. He had so much time you could see the wheels turn in his head and him think and decide I’m not gonna get in front of this shot.

He's making sure his goalie can "see the puck"....:sarcasm:

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Prepare to be disappointed. In every single way from ownership on down we are completely as big an embarrasment to professional hockey as the Oilers.

Haha, you think we’re on the same level as Edmonton? At least people are willing to talk about them. Nobody gives a crap about the Buffalo Sabres enough to waste talking about them. The next time you hear about us nationally is when we trade Skinner.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
6 - 2 loss. Pretty much puts the final nail in any playoff hopes as far as I can see.

I didn't think the Sabres were very good defensively for much of the game. Ullmark was not radiating confidence out there.
Buffalo forwards could not finish - other than Skinner and his shot selection went to pot in the later stages of the 3rd.
These guys really weren't ready to play. That's been a consistent outcome this season. Doesn't reflect well on the team's leadership IMO.

Eichel is supposed to put this team on his back and wasn't able to do so.
Hopefully he grows into the role in the near future.

The fact that we're still waiting for eichel to somewhat consistently take over games is a tad concerning, IMO. Have no problem with him still growing into the captaincy but we're nearing the end of year 4. Then again, this has been Jack's best statistical season and he's mostly carried the offense along with Sam and Skinner. Hard to blame him too much but sometimes you're left wanting more.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
The fact that we're still waiting for eichel to somewhat consistently take over games is a tad concerning, IMO. Have no problem with him still growing into the captaincy but we're nearing the end of year 4. Then again, this has been Jack's best statistical season and he's mostly carried the offense along with Sam and Skinner. Hard to blame him too much but sometimes you're left wanting more.
He was playing fine until he got hurt

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Jack had a bad game and has been more rough than good lately.

Jack can also be a 1C on a team that wins a lot of playoff series, at his current level he is one of about 5 members of the organization that is capable of doing that in his current role on the team, all management included.

I think 99% of posters have this right, in that it's fine to get on him after nights like tonight, while also lamenting the team he's been surrounded with his whole career. The current state of our roster and organization is as much of a joke in today's context as it was in 2015-16, and in 2012-13.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Please kindly read what I posted above.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I have never hated this team more than tonight.

An A** kicking at home, embarrassing.

Okposo in the most embarrassing fight for a Sabres player since Hawerchuk got beat up by Denis Savard.

Effin bunch of gutless pu****s.

Timing out for 24 hours on them.

Reactions: wunderpanda

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The team has exactly 2 other credible NHL quality forwards on our entire roster. I don't want to hear people **** on Jack like this is his fault. Not even ****ing McDavid can carry a team that is complete ass.

No disagreement here. You saw my laundry list of foibles. This team is BAD.

But Jack has the C. He's accountable for his bad games as well as his good ones. Except for a couple of plays, he was not very good tonight and hasn't been for a while. He IS the guy everyone looks at to lift the team up.

IMO, he has a ways to go before he's filling the shoes of legendary Sabre C's like Foligno, Ramsey, LaFontaine, Peca, Gare and Drury/Briere.

Intermission

Jan 17, 2016
Western NY
66379087.jpg
[

this game is a meme

Last edited:

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Tonight is the last night I’m going to spend any time or effort worrying about us getting into the playoffs. That Ullmark flub on the 5th GA was it for me. I officially don’t care anymore.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
And yet because of the 10 game winning streak he'll probably be here through next November or December. Hockey heaven right here.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt after last year. He started to win me over this year but frittered that away in the last month or so. Some of the usage and lineup decisions he makes and why he makes them are mind numbing

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Eichel would’ve had a multipoint night if Pominville didn’t whiff on multiple shots. The goals against he was on the ice for her nothing to do with him. Crazy to blame him.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Eichel would’ve had a multipoint night if Pominville didn’t whiff on multiple shots. The goals against he was on the ice for her nothing to do with him. Crazy to blame him.

So many whiffed chances by so many guys. Entirely different game if the Sabres had finished even a fraction of them.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Pommer had two absolutely certain goals available to him and whiffed both shots. Just sad.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad