GDT: Rangers at Caps Game 5 7:30 at Verizon Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
We got more problems since Boyle came to play this series.

I would think removing Erskine from the lineup will be bad decision.

Keeping him as 3rd pair D is OK.

BTW, PK in the end of 2nd period (Carlson's DOG) was played without Green. How could it be? Hillen, Erskine and Oleksy over him? Why?

I believe the previous PK was played by Carlson and Green shouldn't be so tired.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I want to give a shout out to whichever Dman it was that flipped ass face Nash trying his ass first stunt. He was so ripe to be flipped and had actually posted here requesting the same.

I think it was a LD maybe Hillen that got him. Anyone catch that number? Maybe in OT.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Did everyone see 4 Wilson hits, in any shape or form?

so, mcphee forced the kid into the lineup and then strong armed the local stats guy to pump him up. i like it.

i can buy 4. he hit boyle once totally legit. stood him right up. enough that boyle when looking for him later in the game to try and push him around.

Xray4Caps

Mar 11, 2013
Charm City
I want to give a shout out to whichever Dman it was that flipped ass face Nash trying his ass first stunt. He was so ripe to be flipped and had actually posted here requesting the same.

I think it was a LD maybe Hillen that got him. Anyone catch that number? Maybe in OT.

That was great! I'm pretty sure it was Olesky.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
BTW, PK in the end of 2nd period (Carlson's DOG) was played without Green. How could it be? Hillen, Erskine and Oleksy over him? Why?

I believe the previous PK was played by Carlson and Green shouldn't be so tired.

green is averaging nearly 26 mins a game. he played over 29 mins last night without any pk time. i would imagine it has everything to do with not skating him into dust.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
That was great! I'm pretty sure it was Olesky.

I had thought it was the hillen Oleksy pairing.... do you know about when that was.... maybe in OT? I have most of the game on DVR but it cuts out a few times with OT. And early high speed review I couldnt find it.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
But ins't Carlson being in sinbin an emergency?

apparantly its less of an emergency than wearing out green. which makes sense. there was nobody used on that pk that has not been getting pk minutes in these playoffs.

did they kill the penalty?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
so, mcphee forced the kid into the lineup and then strong armed the local stats guy to pump him up. i like it.

i can buy 4. he hit boyle once totally legit. stood him right up. enough that boyle when looking for him later in the game to try and push him around.

Wasn't it you that said to disregard hit stats? That they were always homers?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Wasn't it you that said to disregard hit stats? That they were always homers?

i did. so, there you have it, rh. volpatti should have played so he could get credit for the phantom hits.

for me, he got under boyle's skin and that was enough for me. i saw that myself. didnt need a stat man to tell me.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It was Hillen, in the 3rd period.

Thanks... watching on the DVR, i thought it was when the Rags were attacking right to left... which would be second or OT but I thought it was in the 3rd as well. I give up trying to find it.

I thought with the right camera angle it would be gif worthy. Or shop worthy.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Thanks... watching on the DVR, i thought it was when the Rags were attacking right to left... which would be second or OT but I thought it was in the 3rd as well. I give up trying to find it.

I thought with the right camera angle it would be gif worthy. Or shop worthy.

He got a penalty for it. Just look on the box score for the time.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
i did. so, there you have it, rh. volpatti should have played so he could get credit for the phantom hits.

for me, he got under boyle's skin and that was enough for me. i saw that myself. didnt need a stat man to tell me.

Heh why are you obsessing over Volpatti this morning. He was not in the game.

And you liked that he got under Boyle's skin? Who hacked your account.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
do i have a series of volpatti posts this morning?

did i ever say that mcphee didnt want the kid in the lineup? i said that mcphee doesnt coach the team, choose the lineup, call the plays from the gm's box.

edit: i like players that get under other players skin with straight up hard play. i didnt see anything dirty about wilson's game. boyle just found a guy almost as big as he is. my issue with agitators is that most of them are dirty and cheap. divers that like stick work when they can get it. i'll take wilson over dorsett's and cooke's anyday.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
He got a penalty for it. Just look on the box score for the time.

I just watched that... that was not what I remember.

there was another one over on the left side.... maybe I dreamed it. Nass was skating backwards towards the goal and went head over heels.

I think it may have been in OT where my DVR cuts off. I seem to remember JoeB mentioning 360

Xray4Caps

Mar 11, 2013
Charm City
I just watched that... that was not what I remember.

there was another one over on the left side.... maybe I dreamed it. Nass was skating backwards towards the goal and went head over heels.

I think it may have been in OT where my DVR cuts off. I seem to remember JoeB mentioning 360

Yeah it was in OT right in front of Holtby. Olesky ..no call.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Btw....

MP = Playoff Beast

Thats all.

He does some really nice things, especially for a guy who used to spend many games in the press box as an afterthought, but he whiffs way too much and needs to start finishing some chances. It's symptomatic of the Caps in this series, often carrying the play but not managing to distance themselves and put a game out of reach. I can't criticize him too much since at least he's actually getting the chances, unlike top-line guys among others, but still.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
I'm wondering if a potential back-to-back helps or hurts the Caps. Either way, it's such **** scheduling. Seriously, back-to-backs in the playoffs, GTFO.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
@nbtw. maybe its his size. makes him look slow when he's not. he was fast enough to catch guys with the puck for hits.

@libert. really? you a first round pick penciled into the nhl lineup next season in the same class as recker and taffe? btw...mcphee mentioned when the wilson's ohl season ended that he might get nhl games.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
@libert. really? you a first round pick penciled into the nhl lineup next season in the same class as recker and taffe? btw...mcphee mentioned when the wilson's ohl season ended that he might get nhl games.

Whatever McPhee says is really overrated to some people in this board.

To explain McPhee: Monkey see monkey do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino