GDT: Rangers at Caps Game 5 7:30 at Verizon Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Was anybody listening to Dan Patrick radio show last week when he discussed Ovie and Sid? Said Ovie "looks like the bad guy in a Bond movie."

8471214.jpg

In that photo he does, really bad photo though...

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Cap space for Ribeiro?

ive heard mcphee say three times that trading for erat would not effect his ability to sign ribeiro. that salary cap wont be an issue. i take the to mean he and fishman have a plan for keeping ribeiro at a budget set out.

that doesnt seem to include selling off one of brouwer or ward.

as i am not privy to fishman's cap charting, i couldnt tell you what the plan is. i am going to guess that it includes removing schultz from the salary cap and having a better handle than we do on the real cost of resigning other rfa and ufa players.

often we think it will take significantly different money to sign a given player than what that player ends up getting. sometimes its more but often a good deal less. alzner for instance.

i can only hear what he says. i cant read his mind on things he doesnt comment on.

Halpysback*

Wilson should spend next year in the AHL with NHL spot duty. Rushing a PF is about the dumbest thing you can do, especially if you keep them on the 4th line for the year.

Laich should be moved for cap space. If one of Brouwer, Fehr or Ward goes I'm leaning towards Brouwer. Significantly more expensive + sell high for once. If not Ovechkin/Brouwer/Ward and Johansson/Erat/Fehr is not a bad set of top 9 W.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Wilson should spend next year in the AHL with NHL spot duty. Rushing a PF is about the dumbest thing you can do, especially if you keep them on the 4th line for the year.

Laich should be moved for cap space. If one of Brouwer, Fehr or Ward goes I'm leaning towards Brouwer. Significantly more expensive + sell high for once. If not Ovechkin/Brouwer/Ward and Johansson/Erat/Fehr is not a bad set of top 9 W.

Wilson isn't eligible for AHL next year. It's OHL or NHL.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
as i am not privy to fishman's cap charting, i couldnt tell you what the plan is. i am going to guess that it includes removing schultz from the salary cap and having a better handle than we do on the real cost of resigning other rfa and ufa players.
It's too tight for it to be that simple from what I can tell. If I had to hazard a guess it would be Laich and Neuvirth also being moved out mainly because it would harm chemistry the least at this point. That may be wishful thinking, though. A long playoff push could make it easier to move whatever they need to.

Alzner didn't have arbitration rights at the time so it's easier to cost control. Maybe that factor keeps Johansson's price down for a year or so but even still they're going to need to move fairly significant salary out beyond Schultz to keep Ribeiro.

They have five righty wingers if they believe Wilson will be on the team next year. They could flip Fehr over again but there's a real winger excess overall that's been created. Perhaps that leads to Laich or Johansson moving to center but I'd hope not. If Perreault continues to play at a high level then maybe he's given a chance at 2C and they avoid the Ribeiro contingencies altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad