GDT: Rangers at Capitals Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
The atmosphere in the phone booth was awesome last night. Everyone was making noise. I made a lot of new friends. The place was rockin. I lucked out and was sitting in section 118 behind the goal where all the goals were scored.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
I only watched the 3rd period; most of the team had a lack of focus at that point. This is only game 1, I'll be more critical if we happen to lose any games.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
ovi-big-hit-callahan.gif

Post-truck Callahan does a body-wide herky jerk which reminds me of Hendricks's goal celebration v. Winnipeg, and of Hendricks's signature paralyzer SO move. I think both of these players must be double-jointed. Several parts of their bodies are moving in several different directions, and it doesn't seem entirely coordinated.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I only watched the 3rd period; most of the team had a lack of focus at that point.

I didn't get to see much more than the 3rd period myself, and it was TERRIFYING. Reminded me of the old Boudreau teams from 3 or 4 years ago. On any given shift, it felt like we might wind up with a 5-1 lead, or with a tie game at 3-3. Pucks clanging off posts, shooting galleries from 15 feet away, sudden 2-on-1's developing. Not a trace of shutdown hockey anywhere.

I mean, I still prefer it to the Hunter style. But, man, the contrast was obvious last night.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Your notion of fairness is perplexing. I would take the ppg player over the <.5ppg player. Also the 44 games over the 9.

Also, Brooks' salary looks curiously low there.

Way to ignore the point of the whole post. Convenient.

OK $4.5 mil injured player vs $7 mil injured player. I'll still take the $4.5 one.

Semin is gone, move on people.

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I didn't get to see much more than the 3rd period myself, and it was TERRIFYING. Reminded me of the old Boudreau teams from 3 or 4 years ago. On any given shift, it felt like we might wind up with a 5-1 lead, or with a tie game at 3-3. Pucks clanging off posts, shooting galleries from 15 feet away, sudden 2-on-1's developing. Not a trace of shutdown hockey anywhere.

I mean, I still prefer it to the Hunter style. But, man, the contrast was obvious last night.

I felt that way for about 5 minutes.... until Boudreau's team started playing. :laugh:

Anaheim - Detroit was seemingly nothing but odd man rushes, breakaways, and powerplays.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
apart from the GWG, which was SWEET from start to finish, how did MaJo play last night?

i saw only 40% of game, and i did see one totally inexplicable, totally ineffective, almost disastrous semi-drop-pass zone entry from MaJo to 19. (i think that play alone shaved at least 7 months off my actuarial expectancy.) i'm curious what people thought of MaJo overall last night.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I felt that way for about 5 minutes.... until Boudreau's team started playing. :laugh:

Anaheim - Detroit was seemingly nothing but odd man rushes, breakaways, and powerplays.

yeah, just reading the box score, which documents a furious third-period comeback by Ducks, made me think, Yeah. I've seen that movie before.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
apart from the GWG, which was SWEET from start to finish, how did MaJo play last night?

i saw only 40% of game, and i did see one totally inexplicable, totally ineffective, almost disastrous semi-drop-pass zone entry from MaJo to 19. (i think that play alone shaved at least 7 months off my actuarial expectancy.) i'm curious what people thought of MaJo overall last night.

Like I said earlier, it was the most visible he has been in a playoff game. Probably the best of his young career.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
i'd give anything to know what Oates was saying during that one animated bit of coaching he gave to 19 on bench last night. it reminded me of a moment during season where he was doing same w/ 8.

it's clear the guy has strong opinions about how offense works, and that he doesn't lack confidence expressing them.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

His play was pretty encouraging IMO, stronger on the puck and on the boards. Though I couldn't watch the game fully continuously, connection was acting up..

I think that bad play was the result of him having a bit of time and space all of a sudden, and he ended up overthinking it and doing something stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad