GDT: Rangers at Capitals Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
rh...the perveyor of soreloser.com. he loves sore loser stuff. if callahan is a sore loser post game slasher, rh is a fan. he wants more.

am i right?

CAPITAL PUNISHMENT

Oct 18, 2010
Maryland
I know I'm considered a noob still in this forum sometimes maybe even a troll, but I'm a die hard Caps fan and I have to work until 5pm tonight can anyone hook me up with a link to a feed for the game. I've got Sirius, but I'd prefer to watch the game if at all possible.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Some thoughts and corrections:

There was a play late in the game where Backstrom and MJ got their signals crossed at the Rangers blue line that led to the 2 on 1 and crossbar. The Ranger D made a real good play there and subsequent pass. Give credit to him.

Erskine, and the rest of the gang, played a real chippy game and let the Rangers know they aren't taking crap around Holtby.

Caps did turn over some pucks in their zone but thats due to the Rangers zealous aggressiveness to keep pucks in at the blue line. Their D congest the boards and their forwards sink in pretty low when control of the puck is in question.

That said the Caps made some excellent breakouts and hooked the Alley-OOP pass very well. They did it a bunch of times (Fehr breakaway for instance) to push the Rangers back. The weakside D would be left flat footed and hung out to dry with a rushing Caps forward (Ovechkin chipped one around Hubie McDonough for his breakaway)

Rangers have to make adjustments to that or else the Caps will burn them on it. In the offensive zone the Rangers gaps are too close (which is why we seem to struggle to get it out of the zone sometimes) resulting in odd man break opportunities for the Caps.

Big game today..ofcourse I'm going to miss most of it since I scheduled a switch to Direct TV and they are coming in to do that during game. Ughhh

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
rh...the perveyor of soreloser.com. he loves sore loser stuff. if callahan is a sore loser post game slasher, rh is a fan. he wants more.

am i right?

Hartnell did that to us in 08 too. Its gamesmanship.

No big deal. Ofcourse when a Cap would engage in that kind of stuff Shanahan is watching closely (Backstrom vs Bs and that rediculous suspension)

Fine line to cross and apparently Callahan didn't cross it. I didn't see it on TV

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
i saw callahan on tv from the waist up. it looked like he hacked a passing cap in the legs and then turned to yap at him. but as the broadcast crew didnt acknowledge it and i never saw it in full, its hard to say for sure what happened and how serious. i just hope ov is in seek and destroy on callahan early

rouser: good points on the rangers system and its effects. rangers pressure to create puck movement and missed connections. that creates opening down the ice. brouwer's two on one. erat's break. fehr's break. ov's break. chimera was constantly behind the ranger's defense chasing pucks.

if the rangers are going to press, the caps are going to continue to go long on them. i am not sure what the rangers can do about it. if they chose to play it safe, their offense will shink further

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006

am i right?

As usual, close but no cigar

It makes me want more callahans on my teams. Guys that hate to lose and you can see it plain as day.

Don't you?

Or do you despise him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad