GDT: Rangers at Capitals Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I'm trying to find Ovi's hit on Callahan where he flattens him so I can gif it but none of the highlights online show it. :(

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
If that was the hit along the boards, I think in the first period at the tail end of a play, I didn't see any mention of it or replays. That said, if it is the same one, it was a beauty.

Yes, thats the one I'm talking about.

RMNB has it:

ovi-big-hit-callahan.gif

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
There were some instances of the 2nd line hemming the Rangers in their own zone. If they can keep doing that, the goals will come. I still expect Erat and Brouwer to score a few before the series ends. 2nd line wasn't amazing in game 1, but they weren't as bad as some make it seem.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

RMNB has it:

ovi-big-hit-callahan.gif

i will say it again. i love ov. he knew that was callahan too. it didnt matter that the caps didnt score a goal on that power play. that hit scored points that may last them longer than a ppg would have.

edit: is that not the definition of blown out of the water? .........the next gdt op should be that gif and nothing else. nothing else needs to be said.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
I love this kids face!!

How awesome to have this, when he grows up he'll remember that plus to have that immortalized forever on the NHL page. Lucky kid.

Seriously that made my day though, so cute. :) he is so happy. Could not have captured that at a better moment.

The best part about both these kids is the goal was actually scored a few seconds earlier. Enough time for Ovie to round the net and slam the glass yet those kids are still going crazy. Even the adults have calmed down:)

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
Oleksy: “Ninety percent of the time I look like I got hit by a car, the other 10 percent is the offseason.â€

#love

Love that kid. That pass was amazing! His face is unbreakable. When he jumped up after that puck to the face I cheered. :D

Eric Fehr is a monster

He was hitting everything in sight. He stole a few too.

RMNB has it:

ovi-big-hit-callahan.gif

And wasn't that hit number 1 of the night? If so, what a way to start. I love him.

SnowblindNYR on main thread maybe the worst user ever.

I try to ignore his posts. But he's on every page multiple times. :shakehead

So I brought my camera tonight and got a great picture of Rick Nash:

:laugh:

Overall, the only player I worried about last game was Nicky. Still, if that's a bad night, his good nights will be amazing. Game 2 next! I hope the Caps maintain their reg. season success on the road. Can't wait. :D

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Yeah, I'm not sure who was wearing #19 last night, but getting Backstrom back for game 2 would be huge.

Probably the worst game I've seen him play, regular season or playoffs. Not sure what was going on with him. Hopefully he's not hurt. A very unBackstrom-like night for him, he was the weakest link on the top line.

On the flip side though that was the best playoff game I've seen Mojo play. Looked like NYR had no answer for his speed. He looked strong along the boards too.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Backstrom did take a fairly good kabong from Chara in the regular season finale. Hopefully all the marbles are still lined up.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I have heard Oleksy referred to as Olechkin and Oleksky on the NHL network this morning

I saw more from Oleksy in 1 game than I have ever seen from Sarge in his playoff career. And a ton more confidence.

Sure he will take his lumps in this series and pick up minuses but hats off to him for a solid first game.

Liberati0n*

I would agree too, but I think it would be a mistake to change much after a win. We need to update the stats table to include each team's leaders in cross-checks received and SWAG/60 though.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I have heard Oleksy referred to as Olechkin and Oleksky on the NHL network this morning

I saw more from Oleksy in 1 game than I have ever seen from Sarge in his playoff career. And a ton more confidence.

Sure he will take his lumps in this series and pick up minuses but hats off to him for a solid first game.

Oleksy provided more value to this franchise last night than Schultz has in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad