Confirmed with Link: Rangers announce jimmy vesey signing

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
I was only of only Ranger fans who said Hughes over Kakko and that Hughes would have a greater immediate impact and Kakko would take longer (I was probably the only person on the entire site that said this, even all scouts said the opposite)
I was one of the only people on this site that said Lafreniere wasn't on that MacKinnon/Matthews level
Signing Panarin was a 50/50 split on here, I was very pro-Panarin
I was against Trouba before we even traded for him
I was the ONLY person against Nemeth (digging up that thread is absolutely hilarious)
Most Ranger fans OPPOSED Shesterkin's contract thinking it was too generous and risky, I opposed it because it was NOT LONG ENOUGH, I was obviously the only person who was right; as usual.
I was the only poster against Goodrow's contract
I was against Buch for Blais but so was everyone
I said DeAngelo would be one of the leading scorers among defensemen back when he was a total bust and then he was
I said Trocheck is a downgrade from Strome

I'm batting 1000000%
This is just delusional man. Most of the takes are just very overstated... "only Ranger fan who said Hughes over Kakko" Um dude Hughes was the consensus #1 overall in the entire hockey world, some fans were coping with that by saying they prefer Kakko anyway.

Not to mention your entire credibility for skill evaluation went out the window when you declared Kravtsov as Panarin 2.0

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Can't say that I hate this. He'll play too much but I've accepted that reality on this team.

He's a solid 4th line player and in his last stint with the Rangers, he was probably more annoying than bad.

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I was only of only Ranger fans who said Hughes over Kakko and that Hughes would have a greater immediate impact and Kakko would take longer (I was probably the only person on the entire site that said this, even all scouts said the opposite)

No, I said this too. Even just from an organization need standpoint Hughes made more sense but, in the end, none of this mattered as we had no choice to make.

I was one of the only people on this site that said Lafreniere wasn't on that MacKinnon/Matthews level

Again, no.

Pro Panarin too.

Pro Trouba - you were just wrong on this one. It's okay.

I was the ONLY person against Nemeth (digging up that thread is absolutely hilarious)

I highly doubt it. I was lukewarm on Nemeth but he was clearly dealing with something last year that we might never know about. Happy to have Jones with a shot at that slot.

Most Ranger fans OPPOSED Shesterkin's contract thinking it was too generous and risky, I opposed it because it was NOT LONG ENOUGH, I was obviously the only person who was right; as usual.

Jury is out after a year. We'll see, but I tend to agree with the contract. Hard to make a call this early but there's no reason to think it's not a bargain.

Not against Goodrow. $ is too high but you don't win Cups without players like this. Sad but true.

Drury made the best of a bad position. I don't think there's much more that could've been done differently other than trading him earlier but everyone knew the Rangers couldn't sign him and took advantage of that. Kudos to the market for that.
I said DeAngelo would be one of the leading scorers among defensemen back when he was a total bust and then he was

He was not a "total bust" by any stretch of the definition and the Rangers burying him and buying him out was one of the worst organizational moves the Rangers have ever made. It was dumb as nuts.

100% disagree

I'm batting 1000000%

Clearly not.

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019

I'm batting 1000000%
Not really, wrong on half your predictions

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
No, I said this too. Even just from an organization need standpoint Hughes made more sense but, in the end, none of this mattered as we had no choice to make.

Again, no.

Pro Panarin too.

Pro Trouba - you were just wrong on this one. It's okay.

I highly doubt it. I was lukewarm on Nemeth but he was clearly dealing with something last year that we might never know about. Happy to have Jones with a shot at that slot.

Jury is out after a year. We'll see, but I tend to agree with the contract. Hard to make a call this early but there's no reason to think it's not a bargain.

Not against Goodrow. $ is too high but you don't win Cups without players like this. Sad but true.

Drury made the best of a bad position. I don't think there's much more that could've been done differently other than trading him earlier but everyone knew the Rangers couldn't sign him and took advantage of that. Kudos to the market for that.

He was not a "total bust" by any stretch of the definition and the Rangers burying him and buying him out was one of the worst organizational moves the Rangers have ever made. It was dumb as nuts.

100% disagree

Clearly not.
We all know Ed is delusional. A little bit of it might be amusing, but he's reached troll level annoying.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
It’s honestly amazing that some of y’all still indulge Ed when he goes on his stupid rants.

Vesey is a good depth signing. He’s reworked his game into being a good defensive forward with PKing skills and obviously still can score goals in tight.

There’s two likely reasons he’d be playing up in the lineup: 1) they want to keep the Kid Line together and are using cheap options to plug with the Kreider-Mika and Panarin-Trocheck duos. This is the best way to balance their 5v5 scoring and gives them the most well-rounded lineup barring another F acquisition like Bemstrom. 2) One of Blais/Kravtsov hasn’t done enough to cement a top-6 spot if they opt to keep Kakko with Kreider and Zibanejad at 1RW. Given Blais’ injury and the obvious conditioning issues for both Blais and Kravtsov, this seems where we’re likely headed to start the year. I’d prefer to let Krav work through it and get comfortable at the NHL pace, but that may simply take some time this season.

The lines are going to change throughout the year. Overreacting to every minutiae of lineup decisions is honestly a waste of time.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
It’s honestly amazing that some of y’all still indulge Ed when he goes on his stupid rants.

Vesey is a good depth signing. He’s reworked his game into being a good defensive forward with PKing skills and obviously still can score goals in tight.

There’s two likely reasons he’d be playing up in the lineup: 1) they want to keep the Kid Line together and are using cheap options to plug with the Kreider-Mika and Panarin-Trocheck duos. This is the best way to balance their 5v5 scoring and gives them the most well-rounded lineup barring another F acquisition like Bemstrom. 2) One of Blais/Kravtsov hasn’t done enough to cement a top-6 spot if they opt to keep Kakko with Kreider and Zibanejad at 1RW. Given Blais’ injury and the obvious conditioning issues for both Blais and Kravtsov, this seems where we’re likely headed to start the year. I’d prefer to let Krav work through it and get comfortable at the NHL pace, but that may simply take some time this season.

The lines are going to change throughout the year. Overreacting to every minutiae of lineup decisions is honestly a waste of time.
I get it, but we need to get VK minutes during the regular season. He needs it, not Vesey. I don't like this signing one bit.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I don't dislike Vesey, I dislike they are going to play him way above what he is. Reaves makes the 4th line complicated to deal with, they could be a energetic 4th who could maybe for-check and be in the other team's zone, or they could make a line who is in their own zone being for-checked against. It's gonna be the 2nd thing.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

To think we signed Jimmy Vesey in 2022 to play in our top 6, hurts my soul.

Stack the top6. The priority is the top6. To get them producing like a 'winning top6' should.

Krieder Zibs Kakko
Panarin Tro Laffy

figure out the rest over the season

Reactions: Number 9 and Atax

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Only one way to make Reaves be able to be that player who plasterers people against the offensive boards, Put him with players who can get the puck there. Hunt, Vesey had a decent shot ratio on goal versus the opposition last year, they must be in the O zone to have that. If they are going to play Reaves, they need players who can get the puck up ice so he can do the only thing he can do well besides fight, hit in the offensive corners.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago

I'm batting 1000000%
You must have a long ignore list...

Anyway... Not looking forward to vesey in the top 9 but that's the rangers fault. He definitely earned a contract with the preseason he had, just think a defensemen of similar ilk would've been a wiser PTO rather than another bottom six winger.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

I'm batting 1000000%
This post makes me wonder if everything else from you before this post was real or not. I used to think you were goofing around about Kravtsov.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

Claxton

Sep 30, 2007
Now trade Trocheck for Hayes with 20% retention.

Panarin-Hayes-Vesey :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3