LeBrun: Rangers and Montreal possibly talking trade. Habs interested in NYR prospects

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Incorrect about Zuccarello, he went for two conditional 1st round picks. One was very easy to meet, he just had to sign with the Stars. The other was also very close, Stars make it to 2nd round.

The league changed the rules after this trade, that 1st became a factor in contract negotiations, and that's not good. Players should not lose money because of this.

I'm aware, but he met neither condition, so he was essentiallhy traded for the only aspects of the deal that were guaranteed. 2nd and a 3rd. The lekhonen amount.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
What do you think his chances are he makes the Rangers next year?

slim to none, Othmann is even too young to play AHL next season,
no need to rush, and NYR have too many recent examples which'd discourage that
could NYR keep him up for 9 games or less? maybe
another, atypical option, for him, COULD be for NYR to let him play again in Switzerland
(he played there '21-22, i believe he has dual citizenship, but plays National team for Canada)

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
just my feeling, but Chiarot re-signing may NOT be a priority for NYR, LD pipeline is deep,
commmit to Chiarot could near-term affect Jones, Robertson, 2 near-ready top prospects with complementary games, as well as others
Could be lehkonen then, tbh I meant more one or the other not both,

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
slim to none, Othmann is even too young to play AHL next season,
no need to rush, and NYR have too many recent examples which'd discourage that
could NYR keep him up for 9 games or less? maybe
another, atypical option, for him, COULD be for NYR to let him play again in Switzerland
(he played there '21-22, i believe he has dual citizenship, but plays National team for Canada)
That’s what we’ve been kind of thinking/hoping here in Flint. There are still aspects of his game that could use developmental time here in the OHL but basically we’re looking at it like “He’ll be too good for the O next year but not good enough for the Rangers”. He’s a clear cut stud with one of the best shots I’ve ever seen in the league but it’s not like he’s leading the league in scoring or is a defensive stud. They give him a lot of leash to fly the zone too though. They’re 1st in the Conf now but I wouldn’t give ‘em great odds to make it the Finals. They send him back though? He’ll rip the league up and have a real shot at playing in the Memorial Cup. Or......Switzerland :(

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Maybe the leafs rumour was just a guise to push the rangers to pull the trigger

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
yeah nothing to confirm yet. I personally think Leafs are out. Hughes made it clear habs want prospects for the guys they deal. habs already have 12 picks this summer.
i expect it to be NYR because of Gorton's familiarity with NY system. I just don't know why NY needs chiarot. It's a luxury move imo

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Not a shot in hell krav brings back any type of 1st rd pick with his baggage.
He left for Russia twice, and has thought he’s above AHL hockey since his draft year.
Anyone trading for him has to give him a top 9 nhl spot/ice time, or risk him leaving again.
That’s really not appealing to many teams. Rebuilding teams can likely offer him that chance, but not a deep team with internal competition in camp...
That’s a huge stipulation/condition and has a large affect on trade value
Disagree. Yes, there is a commitment to a top 9 or better roster spot, but if you are investing you want to do that anyway, not do what Drury did and sabotage. Talent is usually a paramount consideration here. So yes, other factors involved, but ? I'm thinking is likelihood a better talent who is available now day 1 can be grabbed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad