LeBrun: Rangers and Montreal possibly talking trade. Habs interested in NYR prospects

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
The Rangers do not want and do not need Chiarot. Lehkonen works perfectly fine though. That is the target that has been talked about for a while.
Any idea on whose a good fit from Rangers? I know you here us clamoring about a 1st but I have no idea how to Value Lehkonen appropriately lol maybe go who you'd be comfy with and who you'd be slightly uncomfy with

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Rangers do not want and do not need Chiarot. Lehkonen works perfectly fine though. That is the target that has been talked about for a while.

I find it difficult to set value on Lehkonen. One more RFA year after this year I believe. The guy don't finish with his scoring chances but the rest of his 200' game is very solid. His forecheck and skating/energy is very good. Coaches love him cause he's easily teachable

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They dont need Chariot. Jones-Schneider handled 3rd pair beautifully last night and they have Nemeth as a capable 7th D with Robertson playing well in the AHL.

Whoever picks up Chiarot, it's for a playoff run and someone with experience and trust/physically where he can really cause trouble for other teams forwards. What you see in the regular season does not equal the same in the playoffs for many players. Reality.

Reactions: Kraken Jokes

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Been thinking if Rangers aren't as keen on going all in on someone like JT Miller a guy like Lehkonen makes a lot of sense and doesn't have to be a rental. Habs could eat Nemeth's deal and throw Kulak in to replace him.

Don't know what the price would be there... Lundkvist + 2nd?

EDIT: Cannot BELIEVE Patrick Nemeth has trade protection lmao would assume the 8 teams are Canada + Arizona...

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Bergevin & Drury:

I have all these prospects that are stuck in the AHL & playing in Russia.

Please don't talk about prospects - we really need them for our rebuild.

Well, goodbye.

~Gorton: wait!

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I find it difficult to set value on Lehkonen. One more RFA year after this year I believe. The guy don't finish with his scoring chances but the rest of his 200' game is very solid. His forecheck and skating/energy is very good. Coaches love him cause he's easily teachable
sounds like a good player to play with panarin and strome. they dont like passing to the 3rd wheel on the line, but like a hard working grinder. if that player is good defensively then panarin and strome can get away with playing their pond hockey.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Yep you totally know what the Rangers may or may not want...

Yes, fans that follow the team know what they want for the roster. This team does not need any real help on the back end. They are young, but the whole team is. Can't get playoff experience without playing in the game. Chiarot takes that away from someone like Jones, who looked really good next the Schneider last night.

The biggest team need is at forward. The team lost Blais very early for the whole year. Kakko has now been out for a prolonged period, and will be for another month. Kravtsov got up and left for Russia. Hunt was supposed to be the 13th forward. McKegg was supposed to be a veteran call-up. They're pretty much in the lineup every night.

So to say the Rangers do not need to be wasting assets on a defenseman that is traditionally no better than Patrick Nemeth, who is already locked in for 2 more years, and the team desperately needs to add to their forward group, then yeah, the Rangers don't need Ben Chiarot and are not interested in bringing in a player that we've already got on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad