Friedman: Rangers and Leafs have been "in contact"

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Liljegren + 2020 1st + 2019 3rd + Ozhiganov + Zaitsev for Kredier + Shattenkrik (1.5M retained)

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018

You guys can trade Gardiner for some pick afterwards tho. Then maybe pick up Gudas/Jensen.

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Kreider - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Kapanen
Johnsson - Gauthier - Brown

Rielly - Jensen/Gudas
Muzzin - Shattenkrik
Dermott - Hainsey.

Is that not better than what they have right now?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You guys can trade Gardiner for some pick afterwards tho. Then maybe pick up Gudas/Jensen.

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Kreider - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Kapanen
Johnsson - Gauthier - Brown

Rielly - Jensen/Gudas
Muzzin - Shattenkrik
Dermott - Hainsey.

Is that not better than what they have right now?
Shattenkirk is in no way the type of player the Leafs should be after, at all.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Friedman is worse than Eklund now. It’s sad.
No he isnt, you need to actually read what he wrote. I have said this multiple times on this site the last year, we want the insiders to give us as much info as possible because its fun. There is a huge difference in GMs talking to each other and actually making a trade. Usually nothing happens.

People need to learn to seperate "trade is very likely" from "talked to each other". I dont want less info, its interesting to read that a team might have interest in certain teams players etc. If they only reported on slam dunks we would never hear anything until 30 minutes before a trade happen. It would basically be quiet about Duchene from september until 30 minutes ago when some insiders knew a trade was coming quick.

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
Friedman is worse than Eklund now. It’s sad.
No. Friedman draws a decent salary and is expected to produce content. Part of that content is his own speculation. Part of it is information he has received from his sources. Unlike Eklund, who may have had a source many years ago, Friedman has extensive sources and contacts around the league. He is a likeable guy whom some people are willing to talk to. Does that mean that his information will necessarily and consistently lead to a trade? No, of course not. GMs talk to each other regularly and a very small percentage of those conversations end up in a transaction. While Friedman is not perfect, his credibility far surpasses Eklund - indeed, they are not even in the same stratosphere.

Reactions: Patmac40

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
No he isnt, you need to actually read what he wrote. I have said this multiple times on this site the last year, we want the insiders to give us as much info as possible because its fun. There is a huge difference in GMs talking to each other and actually making a trade. Usually nothing happens.

People need to learn to seperate "trade is very likely" from "talked to each other". I dont want less info, its interesting to read that a team might have interest in certain teams players etc. If they only reported on slam dunks we would never hear anything until 30 minutes before a trade happen. It would basically be quiet about Duchene from september until 30 minutes ago when some insiders knew a trade was coming quick.
If I had read this first, I would not have needed to write my own response to the ridiculous assertion that Friedman is worse than Eklund.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Kapapnen for Krieder. Who adds? Assuming Toronto is confident they can resign Krider (who has another year left after this one)

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I don't get all the complaining. Do we want radio silence until a trade breaks? Or do we want to hear as much as possible about what is happening behind the scenes, including conversations that never lead to anything or teams kicking tires?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Kreider is a nice piece, Hayes is also....but i swear to the ever loving Christ if we don't upgrade our D i will nut punch somebody....

Best way to upgrade them is probably just by optimizing our pairings and hopefully finding a way to get rid of Hainsey. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad