Friedman: Rangers and Leafs have been "in contact"

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
If I was anyone but Friedman it might mean something.
Even if they have spoken, that's the GM's job at the deadline. Call teams who aren't going to make the playoffs and see if you can get a deal.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
If I was anyone but Friedman it might mean something.
Even if they have spoken, that's the GM's job at the deadline. Call teams who aren't going to make the playoffs and see if you can get a deal.

Posts like this drive me nuts. Friedman is usually the first to report about any trades breaking, waiver claims, signings, etc but since he has a podcast that accompanies a blog called 31 thoughts he loses "credibility."

The dude is an awesome insider, and the second he breaks a trade with your teams name will that mean he suddenly has his credentials back?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Posts like this drive me nuts. Friedman is usually the first to report about any trades breaking, waiver claims, signings, etc but since he has a podcast that accompanies a blog called 31 thoughts he loses "credibility."

The dude is an awesome insider, and the second he breaks a trade with your teams name will that mean he suddenly has his credentials back?

This isn't usual friedman "I Think" speak about two teams talking. IN general this makes sense

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Friedman is worse than Eklund now. It’s sad.

I disagree. All Friedman is doing is sharing his thoughts on things; it's his job to talk about hockey. It's not his fault the fans constantly twist those thoughts into a million different things and interpret every thought he has as a proposal that has actually taken place in real life.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Never say never I guess, but I just am having trouble figuring out how the Leafs deal with their cap structure in any trade. Bonus money, pending extensions, NMC to Marleau, partial no trade to Kadri.

They've already apparently taken futures off the table that would likely be attached to another team taking on cap from them. (Zaitsev)

They don't seem willing to give up anything good off their roster.

Unless something changes, I am having trouble seeing what options are left?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Lmao. This Is becoming fortune teller-ish from there insiders. NHL insiders sound like dirty salesman

They are wanna be Woj of NBA and Scheffler of NFL.

I feel like they have no real insiders except maybe someone in the NHL head office the processes the trade. So Friedman knows 1 he before the public.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Dubas: "whats the price for Kreider?"
Gorton: [more than the leafs are willing to part with]
Dubas: "okay, ill pass for now"

(in contact)

Reactions: Kupo

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

I dont get it either. People are starved for rumours, then when they actually get a credible one they complain.

Yet they'll be like "HOCKEYDUDE6969 ON TWITTER SAYS LEAFS ARE TALKING TO RANGERS WHAT DOES IT MEAN????"

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
This.

Real groundbreaking stuff from Friedman here, folks. Must be why he gets the big bucks, eh? And his very own thread prefix, to boot! :laugh:
This is going to blow your mind but there's an entire population of folks that doesn't obsessively post about hockey all day on the internet. And for those people, yeah, this is news.

The entitlement around here is reaching absurd levels lately. That the hipster blow back against Friedman now that he's extended himself into different mediums.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I dont get it either. People are starved for rumours, then when they actually get a credible one they complain.

Yet they'll be like "HOCKEYDUDE6969 ON TWITTER SAYS LEAFS ARE TALKING TO RANGERS WHAT DOES IT MEAN????"

How is this a "credible rumour"?

"Team X talked with Team Y"

:scared:

This happens every day. In any given day, over the course of an NHL season, I'm willing to bet two teams are "in contact" in more ways than just on the ice. They talk all the time.

So maybe you can understand why a headline such as this one is met with rolling eyes or laughs.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I like the Rangers as trade partners, hope something can be worked out for Kreider and McQuaid.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Hey Kyle, how's it going?

Not so bad, 'n'you?

Not so bad. Take care now.

Thanks bud. Good luck with the trades.

You too bud. Cheers.

Cheers.

Reactions: Joel Ward

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
This is going to blow your mind but there's an entire population of folks that doesn't obsessively post about hockey all day on the internet. And for those people, yeah, this is news.

The entitlement around here is reaching absurd levels lately. That the hipster blow back against Friedman now that he's extended himself into different mediums.

Entitlement? I don't feel like I'm entitled to much of anything, for the record.

What I would like, though, is news from an "insider" that is of actual substance. Which would be better, than "hey guys, two teams are talking and one of them is Toronto!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->