Friedman: Rangers and Leafs have been "in contact"

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Unless this is McQuaid for a late pick, nothing happens.
Kreider is a very good player and will fetch a nice haul if traded.
Leafs have:
A) Nothing to offer outside of Sandin/Lily.
B) How the hell are they fitting Kreider under the cap next year when they already have to make some changes to fit Muzzin.

Move along, nothing to see here.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Bobby Mack did say on his podcast Liljregen is available he's our #1 or 2 prospect.

Maybe the Leafs are going all in after all.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
How is this a "credible rumour"?

"Team X talked with Team Y"

:scared:

This happens every day. In any given day, over the course of an NHL season, I'm willing to bet two teams are "in contact" in more ways than just on the ice. They talk all the time.

So maybe you can understand why a headline such as this one is met with rolling eyes or laughs.

You're on the trade rumour board complaining about trade rumours

And its not a headline. Its a single line lifted from an article.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Hoping Toronto acquires MCQuaid

#1 One of worst D-men in league
#2 Often injured
#3 Slow as F

Every bloody team intentionally plays a slow game against us! The one that doesn't give a f*** about it is Tampa and they are lapping every other team by a hundred points!

Ty Dolla

Jan 1, 2018
Dubas was probably just watching Beat Bobby Flay and decided to call Gorton and ask him how the food at Gato was

Reactions: Winston2018

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This is going to blow your mind but there's an entire population of folks that doesn't obsessively post about hockey all day on the internet. And for those people, yeah, this is news.

The entitlement around here is reaching absurd levels lately. That the hipster blow back against Friedman now that he's extended himself into different mediums.

Hipster?

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
I disagree. All Friedman is doing is sharing his thoughts on things; it's his job to talk about hockey. It's not his fault the fans constantly twist those thoughts into a million different things and interpret every thought he has as a proposal that has actually taken place in real life.

Fridman, while working for cbc, was almost on McKenzie level. Once he started working soley for sportsnet, it seems he's just putting whatever out there to generate clicks, and traffic.

He used to be one of my favorites to read, and now is cringeworthy at times.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Bobby Mack did say on his podcast Liljregen is available he's our #1 or 2 prospect.

Maybe the Leafs are going all in after all.

Something around Liljegren for Kreider would make a lot of sense for the Rangers. We're building a nice prospect pool of defensemen, but we're definitely shorter on RD than LD. Kreider next to Tavares or Matthews would be scary.

Reactions: Apocalypse Dude

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
You're on the trade rumour board complaining about trade rumours

And its not a headline. Its a single line lifted from an article.

Again, I ask, "what trade rumour"? :biglaugh:

And I'm not complaining, at all. it just amuses me that a nothing tweet or update from an "insider" that is more common sense than anything else, gets blown up like it's groundbreaking news. That's it.

Wish I could get paid to come up with nuggets of intel like that.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Again, I ask, "what trade rumour"? :biglaugh:

And I'm not complaining, at all. it just amuses me that a nothing tweet or update from an "insider" that is more common sense than anything else, gets blown up like it's groundbreaking news. That's it.

Wish I could get paid to come up with nuggets of intel like that.

Google "Kreider to Leafs". You'll get plenty of hits. It's not just this one insider suggesting that the Leafs are interested.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Kreider is a nice piece, Hayes is also....but i swear to the ever loving Christ if we don't upgrade our D i will nut punch somebody....

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Something around Liljegren for Kreider would make a lot of sense for the Rangers. We're building a nice prospect pool of defensemen, but we're definitely shorter on RD than LD. Kreider next to Tavares or Matthews would be scary.

That's my thinking too I'm not trilled that Liljregen is available at the same time Krider Tavares Marner, or Kapanen Matthews Kreider, or Kreider Matthews Nylander if Babcock put Matthews and Nylander back together would be deadly.

Or when Kadri gets healthy, Kreider Kadri Nylander is another option.

My only concern would be Krider's long term effectiveness he's a big man and guys his size do slow down sooner tgan others

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
So by contact he means they’re in negotiation. Which must be a higher level of negotiation since we know they’ve been in contact already. Which means they’ve already discussed several deals and have narrowed it down to the players that Are on the Rangers trade block for players that Toronto is willing to give up. From this we can surmise that there is a potential deal involving draft picks and prospects for one of zucc, Hayes, or Mcquaid.

Friedman doesn’t tell you much but he definitely points you in the right direction. Kudos.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The Rangers want every pick in the 7th round so how about McQuaid for three 7ths? :naughty:

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
What about we get Hayes, thentrade Naz plus for Pesce or Hamilton?
Just stop, Pesce has moved to the left, it was a while ago, Canes no longer want to move a D, and they are trying to make a playoff push. Pretty sure (local talk radio and announcers) that they wont even trade their pending UFAs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad