Friedman: Rangers and Leafs have been "in contact"

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
0% chance the leafs get kreider since I doubt Dubas wants to trade away 1st rounders in back to back yeats

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
I'm legit confused. I was talking about something based around Kapanen for Krieder....

Yea guy didn’t even process what you wrote. He was just 3/4 of the way towards bashing your proposal without even knowing what it was.

Reactions: thadd

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
0% chance the leafs get kreider since I doubt Dubas wants to trade away 1st rounders in back to back yeats
I don't care if he does...our young core is pretty much set for 5+ years....but at least trade it for friggin' defense....

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Wouldn't now be the time to trade first rounders? The leafs have an extremely young and talented core. That's how the process works.

You sell everything for picks, build a young talent pool and once that talent pool is ready, sell off first rounders to supplement it for each playoff run in the hopes one or more turn into cups.

People have some addiction to first rounders. As a Rangers fan, who knows what it's like to feel like cups are elusive, you shoudl go for it when you have the chance. Not hold back in the hopes that adding another first rounder can, in 3-5 years, make the team even better.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Would also be a nice little player for the Rangers to keep.
Agreed he’s solid. I’d have no problem moving Kapanen + Liljegren + salary + a pick for Kreider and DeAngelo. I think that would be a pretty nice haul for the Rangers and we can move a RW.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Agreed he’s solid. I’d have no problem moving Kapanen + Liljegren + salary + a pick for Kreider and DeAngelo. I think that would be a pretty nice haul for the Rangers and we can move a RW.

That is a nice haul for sure. That is also one of our 2 best forwards and our most talented defenseman. Both of which could fit our rebuild. Not saying it’s not a fair trade, just not sure those are the players the Rangers are looking to move.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
That is a nice haul for sure. That is also one of our 2 best forwards and our most talented defenseman. Both of which could fit our rebuild. Not saying it’s not a fair trade, just not sure those are the players the Rangers are looking to move.
Fair enough, I think hypothetically the value is close.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Duchene helps clarify things a bit.

A first, a decent prospect and a later pick. Add in a pick going to the Rangers if they take a contract (not Zaitsev).

Duchene is way better than Hayes and has pedigree behind him and all he got was a 1st and crappy prospects. I doubt Hayes gets a 1st over other guys on the market.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I dont get it either. People are starved for rumours, then when they actually get a credible one they complain.

Yet they'll be like "HOCKEYDUDE6969 ON TWITTER SAYS LEAFS ARE TALKING TO RANGERS WHAT DOES IT MEAN????"

Couldn’t agree more with this.

Friedman: *posts something fans don’t like*

Fans: FRiEdMaN sUcKs, EkLuNd Is BeTtEr

Random person on Twitter with no checkmark: I hear the Leafs are talking to the Rangers

Fans: OmG LyKe Da LeAfZ aNd RaNgErS r GoNnA mAkE a TrAdE

It’s absolutely baffling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad