Larry Brooks: Rangers a Finalist for Kerfoot (Update: Kerfoot Chooses Colorado)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuck

Sep 8, 2009
Doesn't surprise me. If you look at our center depth there is a pretty clear opportunity here. As much as we like to poo poo on our prospects (rightfully so), the state of our prospect pool is probably the reason we have been so successful luring in these college kids. It's the right fit for both the team and the prospect.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I still think he will end up in Vancouver, but interesting to see the Rangers making it as a finalist.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
that nice. he's a good looking prospect.

however, is a 23 yr old unproven kid gonna be able to play top 9 minutes right outa the gate ?

again, he comes with question marks no different than does LA.

they are both young, untested rooks.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
This makes a ton of sense. Vesey was his teammate at Harvard. Vancouver looks like a ****-show on the ice and as far as what is up and coming it's not much better. The Rangers have a glaring hole at either 3 or 4C. Vesey will be a possible winger he could play with and he has chemistry with him already. Lots of NCAA guys in NY as well.

I kind of thought that if Kerfoot signed quickly it was a no-brainer, it was Vancouver. The longer this goes, the less likely he is to go there. I think Gorton may pull this one out

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
This makes a ton of sense. Vesey was his teammate at Harvard. Vancouver looks like a ****-show on the ice and as far as what is up and coming it's not much better. The Rangers have a glaring hole at either 3 or 4C. Vesey will be a possible winger he could play with and he has chemistry with him already. Lots of NCAA guys in NY as well.

I kind of thought that if Kerfoot signed quickly it was a no-brainer, it was Vancouver. The longer this goes, the less likely he is to go there. I think Gorton may pull this one out

Wouldn't be too surprising given his recruiting successes. I really hope he's able to lock this one down.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Again, I'm not super high on the kid, but you take the free prospect if you can.

Another option to compete for a roster spot and should likely be a useful player to set up teammates in Hartford.

Inclined to wonder where we'd vote him in our prospect rankings. Probably 12-14.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Again, I'm not super high on the kid, but you take the free prospect if you can.

Another option to compete for a roster spot and should likely be a useful player to set up teammates in Hartford.

Inclined to wonder where we'd vote him in our prospect rankings. Probably 12-14.

Agreed. I can see him being a good AHL player, but I don't see the NHL upside

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
He's a good prospect, though I'm not sure how his game translates to the pros.

As others have said, if you can sign him as a free agent you certainly do it.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
you go to Harvard, or any of the other top 30+ schools in the NE, dozens of your college classmates are also starting out real life in NYC area as well
i have 2 kids in heir post-college 20's, so many firends are here (tho mine are in CT and DC)

i beleive that adds to the appeal for players like Vesey and Kerfoot

pesonally, he'll have to impress me to overlook his small, light frame

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
We need a center and he has a connection with Vesey. We've done well with college guys recently. It makes sense.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Free prospect, but there is absolutely no way he should be guaranteed an NHL roster spot. Even if we sign him, I still would make Andersson the favorite to take that roster spot.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't know how anyone can say he's worse than Vesey. Of course Vesey was the more heralded player with the more illustrious career, but that doesn't mean he'll be a better player. The jury is out on that.

Vesey was more highly-regarded. That's fair to say.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I don't know how anyone can say he's worse than Vesey. Of course Vesey was the more heralded player with the more illustrious career, but that doesn't mean he'll be a better player. The jury is out on that.

Vesey was more highly-regarded. That's fair to say.

Thanks

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He's just like Vesey, but probably even worse.

He isn't much of a prospect, but he's being crazy hyped because it's August and he's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad