Post-Game Talk: Rangers 4, Penguins 3 (OT) - Oh, Oh, Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Crosby has back to back CSs.

For all I care he could float all year. He's earned it. He's done more than enough for this franchise.

Reactions: KIRK

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The only positive I can take out of this game is that the Rangers hurt their chances of getting Dahlin when they really should be all in for Dahlin. This win means nothing good for them and the Penguins got a point.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Another thing about our PP, if they aren’t going to get the puck to the net and instead try the cute passes constantly, then get another shooter in there. Having Horny stand in front of the net while Letang, Malkin, Kessel and Crosby play hot potato is pointless.

Reactions: SirBrad

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It’s not hyperbole to call him the laziest 5 on 5 skater on the team many games. He literally gives up on plays, and that’s disturbing to me.
Interestingly enough the team collectively followed that lead because almost no one showed up for the 3rd.

Reactions: Angrrus

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Hard to get behind this team with this effort. Points are crucial and you get this effort. Team mailed it in and just so poor for a two time SC champion to fail to show up with 11 games to go. Liked the team before the TDL. Now soft, and can get beaten physically and going through the motions is something that will bite them at some point.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Really?

I thought that after the other numerous **** shows that produced this year that it would have sunk in, but along comes another one of these games and it’s clear that it hasn’t...

I understand where you're coming from, but they keep playing games like this. I really think that this team has too many issues. "Waking up" doesn't fix that.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'd say something along the lines of "sharpen your skates for next practice."

Personally i think it'd be better to say:

"I don't have to scream or yell. We should be furious on the inside. We know we stopped playing. We know we are better than that. We gave them the game by not finishing the 60 minutes.

Let that fire remind you every single day that it's a 60 minute game. Let that anger remind you next time you want to take a shift off trying to conserve energy. That a lesson learned tonight. For all of us. Let's make sure we remember it and don't repeat it.

I say we take this out on Montreal tomorrow night. Now get dressed and i'll see you on the bus."

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
And yea, throwing out the Sheary-Rowney-Kuhn line was idiotic as well.
Ah well, the more games they lose with Kuhn+Rowney in, the better for me.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Ehhhhhhh, I don't know, man. This team has had enough awful efforts to make me fairly certain there's no guarantee whatsoever they'll win a playoff series.

Philly has a truly awful coach. We would stomp them in 5.

After that, it's a coin flip. Still like our chances if we draw Washington in the 2nd round...

I just pray someone knocks Tampa out before round 3.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
I have my doubts about how effective that would be. You can yell all you want, but if you don't back it up it gets tuned out right quick.
I don't think Sully needs to. He should just tell them very bluntly that know what they did. They stopped playing. It's a lesson to learn. Yelling/screaming won't do ****. Let them know and walk out.
I'll tell you one thing: Whenever my wrestling coach yelled at us and gave us a red-flag day(running all practice), I f***ing listened. If you didn't make eye contact, you lead the running. It was bad. But, I don't know about the Penguins locker room and how Sullivan handles that kind of stuff.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Like I posted earlier: Rangers put up 3 points at least every game this month minus getting shut out once and putting up 6 last game.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Personally i think it'd be better to say:

"I don't have to scream or yell. We should be furious on the inside. We know we stopped playing. We know we are better than that. We gave them the game by not finishing the 60 minutes.

Let that fire remind you every single day that it's a 60 minute game. Let that anger remind you next time you want to take a shift off trying to conserve energy. That a lesson learned tonight. For all of us. Let's make sure we remember it and don't repeat it.

I say we take this out on Montreal tomorrow night. Now get dressed and i'll see you on the bus."
I like the more passive version than aggressive because it inspires you more. Gets you angrier.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
What bothers me most is his floating to the bench instead of getting off quickly.

It’s bad body language throughout. When the play doesn’t go how he wants he stops and glides, either to the bench or halfassed on the backcheck. The chasm of effort between him and Malkin on a shift to shift level makes zero sense.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad