Post-Game Talk: Rangers 2, Pens 1 (OT) - And So Begins Our Summer of Discontent

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Woah.. he looked like garbage weeks before that.. does not bode well.

Yeah, but he was in and out of the line-up, during that time frame, too. I just don't remember the specifics, other than the hurling before the game but lacing them up anyway one.

I think if I do the injury thread next year, I need to figure out a way to keep track of who was out when and why in addition to the current information. Maybe do current info in the first post and use the second one for a running tally so we can reference it later. Have to think on it.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Yeah, but he was in and out of the line-up, during that time frame, too. I just don't remember the specifics, other than the hurling before the game but lacing them up anyway one.

I think if I do the injury thread next year, I need to figure out a way to keep track of who was out when and why in addition to the current information. Maybe do current info in the first post and use the second one for a running tally so we can reference it later. Have to think on it.

Maybe a link to a Google doc where the info can be put into a table?

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Do we know for sure how many concussions he's had? I can think of 2 this year, 2 before that....more maybe?

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
If Montreal blows the series and Therrien gets fired, what are the thoughts on him coming back??

I like Therrian, but they quit on him once already.

Anyway as long as the Gang of Nine remains in power, I don't think HC matters much.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
The fact that he was on the ice for 73% of the Rangers goals perhaps has something to do with it? Including his incredibly soft play on Hagelin in the series clinching goal last night....

And little do you realize that it's pretty tough for forwards to generate much offensive when you have zero puck distribution coming from your blue line...

The Penguins have (had?) arguably the best collection of offensive Dmen in the entire league. It's not Lovejoy's fault they're all injured.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

So, I wonder if he just skipped media availability or no one bothered to tweet his comments.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Pretty much. I'm still really bitter that we didn't move him at the deadline. Obviously Martin wasn't the difference between this team making a run at the Cup and not.

Prices were absurd, too. We easily could have gotten a 1st rounder for him.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
They didn't get nothing. They get a bunch of free cap space. Cap space is an asset, and you're not limited to the very few options available from the team that is willing to do a trade.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Mattaa getting hurt really screwed the pooch. Coulda moved Martin....
With health of Letang and Hoff, and not moving Despres, and a decent W for Martin....sigh.

Candy & Nuts , I know.
But what a complete mess of injuries. Hard to believe.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Pretty much. I'm still really bitter that we didn't move him at the deadline. Obviously Martin wasn't the difference between this team making a run at the Cup and not.

Prices were absurd, too. We easily could have gotten a 1st rounder for him.

Pretty incredible that they lost Michalek, Orpik, Nisky and now probably Martin and got back:

Ruopp
Sundqvist

I really like both of these prospects, but it's pretty incredible that for four top four blueliners, that's the sum of their return. I'd say that it's more than reasonable to argue at least one of the latter three should have been moved for young assets.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
And the UFAs are crap this summer.
Hence I Wonder if they look overseas....KHL et al.

Could they get a decent W for Sutter? Or Sutter and Kunitz?

Whatamess

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
People have every right to be salty about getting squat back for Martin.

Not even necessarily because of THAT particular case but because (like so many other things on this team) it's one of these "yet another in a long line of stupidity" non-moves. It's like... you have the capacity to sort of groan and swallow your vitriol the first half dozen times or whatever but eventually it's time to start getting mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad