Ramifications of Matt Read elbow to Carcillo's head

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Dorsett elbow to Giroux head with 1 minute left in the game tomorrow. No penalty, no suspension. Legal hit.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I don't like Crosby, but the Steckel late Steckel hit to his head was reviewed, but no punishment was given.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/04/nhl-will-not-discipline-david-steckel-for-his-winter-classic-hit-on-sidney-crosby-crosby-not-amused/

Back in the day, 2011, Crosby was nailed at the Winter Classic, which was televised nationally. If there was no discipline for that hit, there won't be for the Carcillo hit.

The Rangers sucked it up, Carcillo scored, and they got to take it to them again!

LGR!

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
if there is no word by now, there will be nothing. not even a fine! what a croc. he totally leg pumps his shoulder into Carcillo's head. hatty for Carcillo on Friday! :rant: at least a Gordie Hatty. oh well, lame, get over it. Take the Flyers in 5. LGR

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
don't forget those nasty slashes on McD hand about a month ago by Simmonds. That should of been reviewed as well. If Graves gets a 5 game suspension for doing that to Mariio back then it should be the same now. Those slashes could of broken bones, McD got lucky on that

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Just an FYI, the quote wasn't directed at the play, just from an article he wrote about his experience in the sports world over the years.

Regarding your comment, I think the best thing you can have in playoff hockey is discipline. Their will always be calls that go against you. It's how you react to it that can win you a game or lose one.

Does anger drive greatness, I don't think so. I think you can use it as motivation but you still can't let anger make you lose your focus.

A lot of the comments previously were about getting retribution. My point was to forget it and move forward and win the next game(s). The playoffs are too important.

If you want retribution, do it next year. I'm sure Read will be in the league

this 1000%

That said, the Rangers will probably NOT retain Carcillo. But Read will get his come uppance

Carcillo will remember the hit.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I agree. Plaster Reed in the next season, it's no use burning energy on him in the playoffs. If this bush league wants the teams to settle things with the law of the jungle, so be it. But watch how the league will whine when it happens, to mask their own incompetence.

Elvis Presley

Aka #30
Apr 14, 2009
brooklyn
Gets away with it last game and scores the game winner this one.

On a side note, I've seen that there are African Ice Hockey tournaments that exist. Gonna give it a look!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad