Ralph KruEger hired to coach the Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Something is making me uneasy about this hire, but I just can't place it. Oh wait, there it is.

krueger_bundy.jpg

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
So do they give Nail Yakupov a call if his SKA deal is actually only for one year?

Had his best year under RK? Had a decent year in the K? A need for scoring depth?

I wouldn't be mad at a one year "show me" type deal. Kid can shoot it and might look good playing with Eichel, freeing up Sam to play with (or as) our 2nd line center.

JackTheRipper

Feb 11, 2015
Unbelievable. Just when you think this organization can't get any more dysfunctional they go and hire a soccer executive. This has disaster written all over it. Imagine what Eichel must be thinking right now that his prime years are going to be wasted playing for a soccer exec.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Had his best year under RK? Had a decent year in the K? A need for scoring depth?

I wouldn't be mad at a one year "show me" type deal. Kid can shoot it and might look good playing with Eichel, freeing up Sam to play with (or as) our 2nd line center.

It was the second thought I had after "who was Ralph's goalie coach".

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Unbelievable. Just when you think this organization can't get any more dysfunctional they go and hire a soccer executive. This has disaster written all over it. Imagine what Eichel must be thinking right now that his prime years are going to be wasted playing for a soccer exec.
I’m sure once Jack talks to him once he’ll be more motivated than ever.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
RK strikes me as the type of guy who's going to give Sam a legit chance at center. It's now up to Sam to see if he can swing it, especially at the dot where he gets supremely caved in.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Imagine what Eichel must be thinking right now that his prime years are going to be wasted playing for a soccer exec.

“Thank God someone with a reputation for creating a positive atmosphere and getting the most out of his players is here...trying get anything out of them almost killed me”

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Just in case you happen to be serious here.

You do know he has legit hockey HC experience, right? World Cup, NHL and Olympic level?

Reactions: Dingo44

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I'll go on record as saying I like the hire. I hope Krueger is in Buffalo for a long time. Coach for a couple years and then Front office leader.

He is a culture changing leadership driver.

I understand he is an out of the box hire with his background and that some will hate it but I'm glad Botts took his shot even if it doesn't workout.

This year will be a huge tell for this team. If these players can't respond to Krueger then they need to go because they are hopeless. His players rave about him and he finds ways to get his team's to overachieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad