OT: Raise the Jolly Rogers: The Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Unfortunately that's exactly the point...they want those people complaining to their cable company that they don't get the channel in an effort to be able to a.) get the network on more TV sets and b.) collect a larger fee for it.

It's a dick move in every sense of the word, also known as a "business decision".

Yep, don't doubt for a second that this was intentional. The hype train for the Pirates right now is off the charts even down here in NC in what's usually Braves country. It's annoying that this is happening, but it's brilliant in the most dickish way possible.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
Bump since I got stuck at the bottom of last page:

Any way to listen to Pirates radio feed online? Looks like ESPN has one but would prefer Greg Brown/Bob Walk and the radio links online for 93.7FM don't seem to be carrying the game.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
I think they block it out from streaming radio sites. I remember trying to listen to games earlier in the season w/ no luck

So the online streams of 93.7 aren't actually carrying the live feed as if I was in broadcast range? WTF is that about?? How the hell are you supposed to listen to a damn ballgame if you're not within range to pick it up on FM?

titaniumexpose

LG Pens & Sharks
Dec 13, 2006
Ohio by way of Ford City, PA
Bump since I got stuck at the bottom of last page:

Any way to listen to Pirates radio feed online? Looks like ESPN has one but would prefer Greg Brown/Bob Walk and the radio links online for 93.7FM don't seem to be carrying the game.

sign up for a free 30 day trial at siriusxm. I did it to listen to Art Bell at night and also found the mlb pxp channels. channel #861

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
So the online streams of 93.7 aren't actually carrying the live feed as if I was in broadcast range? WTF is that about?? How the hell are you supposed to listen to a damn ballgame if you're not within range to pick it up on FM?

That's what I encounted anyways. The radio station would list the game as being on, but then it'd be some talk show on the stream. Super annoying, especially considering the Pens radio is right on their official website. Not sure what MLBs issue is... guess they want you to buy their stupid radio package

sign up for a free 30 day trial at siriusxm. I did it to listen to Art Bell at night and also found the mlb pxp channels. channel #861

Costas is making this sound more and more worth it...

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
@ThreeRiversBlog - Too bad the Pirates don't have a platoon option first baseman with good defnese that crushes left handed pitching.

werd...

Cole still throwing 100mph

Last edited:

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh
I've been listening to the ESPN radio feed and the guy's pronunciation of "Beltran" is really annoying me. Who the heck says Carlos Bell-TRAN.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
woooooooo just found MLB's "At Bat" iphone app, signed up for $3.99 and it's carrying the Pittsburgh feed with zero delay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad