OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: The Sky is Falling

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
If Dario goes 6 IP 1 ER against the Astros, I might need to reevaluate some things. Still nothing for sure, but he's definitely pitching well. If this score remains the same I would probably be slightly cautious about the sixth inning, but give it to him, especially if he has a clean and easy fifth.

Another run or two would be nice just as extra cushion.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Diaz has become absolute shit at framing pitches. I've come around to the idea that it's not really on the umpire, even though the umpires are also incompetent.

Don't want to give away outs vs White and Chironos with the top of the order looming.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
5 IP/ 1 ER against the Astros is not bad at all.

I don't know if I send Agrazal back out to face Bergman, Brantley, and Alvarez... though if they're thinking about using Holmes or Hertlieb, they might as well stick with him.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Huge sight of relief there with the double play. Interesting call about sending him out for the 6th, especially since we've gotten beyond Springer and Altuve. Bregman and Brantley can definitely cause havoc quick, but I lean towards wanting to see us try him with this score. The bullpen is well rested and you expect Musgrove to have a solid 6 tomorrow, but with all these games in a row, I say better to err on the side of getting QS when you can. Not to mention 6 IP against the Astros is a pretty big feather in the cap for Agrazal, and he's held the fort even when getting into a little bit of trouble tonight.

I don't think we fully trust him and so I'd be surprised to see him back out there. A dinger in this inning would be nice.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
a3KqD0q.gif

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Not sure I love Kang's spot on this team continuing to be salvaged, but we absolutely need to win this game and so I'm happy to have as big a lead as possible.

And with an 7 run lead, I'd definitely chance Dario in the 6th, even though he's not been throwing strikes quite as much. Maybe send him out there with the directive of no walks or he's out. His pitch count is in totally fine shape, there's really no reason not to do it.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I am absolutely over the moon about Newman's performance this year. When you add in the defense that has flashed plus plus at times, even though he does have some things to improve, it's just extra encouraging. Talk about a guy continuing to take his game to the next level after some decent adversity at the highest level. Major props to him.

Maybe Marte is going to have a terror of a game tomorrow.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, I am much more in favor of the idea of Frazier going to Indy to hopefully try and get his swing back into shape. Kang is a slightly tougher call, because it's still possible that some team might want to take a flier on him at the deadline. Not quite sure it's DFA time without a real roster crunch here, even if Tucker certainly deserves a call up soon (he's 1-3 with a walk tonight).

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Kang and CD doing what we need them to do.....for the deadline lol

But for real...would be beyond huge if they chip in like this here and there

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Certainly a little bit of luck there for Dario, but he's earned it after Frazier screwed him and then Hurdle got cold feet last game. Great outing from him on the whole. I'm especially impressed with him working around the leadoff walks without giving into the heart of the zone.

NL Central scores continue to hold, although Cincy and LAA are tied late. If Cincy wins, then we remain in the cellar with them, but pocketing a game on everybody else is well worth it, even for just a night.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm definitely tempted to want to see another start for Agrazal, but I don't quite know how you'd do it. Maybe you can ship Hartlieb out, but that makes for a thinner bullpen. I sort of wonder if some of the guys in the rotation like Musgrove and Brault might benefit from a brief stint with a six man rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad