OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: The Condemned of Altoona Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think the overall judgment of the Cole trade always comes down to whether or not you think that Cole would have had a bounceback season and really re-established his value with us this year. I don't

Ding-Ding-Ding! This is basically my exact position. Cole needed a change of scenery to get back to what he could be. It wasn't happening here. He was mediocre for 2016-2017 while being constantly billed as an "ace." It was infuriating as a fan.

My main complaint is Moran and their utter negligence in scouting his defense. But I'd take Musgrove over Glasnow, Meadows or the PTBNL - I think.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
This is why we got Archer.

Kingham is not a good starter.

Hamels will already have confidence with this poor firsr half of the inning.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Kingham isn't gonna get out of the first inning. This game has horrible vibes. SRod should come out of the game after that bullshit.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Cant wait til Kingham is sent down...guy is a bum. Him and Srod.

We are a team fighting for a wildcard spot...those 2 belong in AA. With mistakes like that. Pathetic.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Unless our offense explodes. This just isn't our game.

Bad decisions on starters and 2 easy outs error'd away.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Maybe there's an outside chance that these SRod f***ups will cost him a roster spot. We can dream.

Kingham is in a tough spot. He's struggled lately, possibly with some fatigue, and the Cubs have seen him twice already this year. He's gotta see the writing on the wall with Archer, and in any case has had abysmal first innings several times now. No excuse for all these bad pitches, but this was a reasonable likelihood today.

He should be out of the game already. 4-0 is pretty much guarantee loss territory, but it's going to get worse.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
There's absolutely no reason to send him back out in the second inning. The Cubs will score at least another run. Only thing you can do is put Brault out there and hope he can give you a bit of length. If we somehow draw close, then use better pitchers. If Brault can't really put up clean innings and it's out of reach, put McRae in for a long time and just essentially concede the game.

Hamels is sometimes not very good at all, so this isn't totally a done deal, but the second half of that inning was an insane train wreck.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Glasnow: 2.0 IP/ 2 H/ 1 ER/ 4 K/ 1 BB/ 32 Pitches

One thought I had about the trade is that this might be a final conclusion to draw with how good the Pirates are at development.

Watching Glasnow go from the most dominant pitcher to nearly clueless at the MLB level made no sense. If he and Meadows tear it up, along with the 3rd PTBNL, it could go down as one of the worst trades in team history, and that has nothing to do with Archer and how well he does.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I think it would say more about the Pirates' coaching staff than their farm development. Cole and Morton have already dulled their rep.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
....oh NOW I remember why I hate this team

Its not the team...you are seeing our worst pitchers tonight...and Srod.

Not much the others can do when set back by them.

Kingham is gone after tonight. Brault needs to be too. Bring up Holmes.

But the biggest problem is Hurdles infatuation with Srod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad