OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Spring [training] is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Well sure I get what you're saying. I hate cheaters - problem is, it seems like everybody's cheating in MLB nowadays, it's just a matter of how much.

I mean how many pitchers use those illegal substances to get a better grip on the ball? All of them? And the teams that can afford to put together the best recipe ends up with the best pitchers? I look quite askance at MLB these days, and think they've gone way way down the wrong path.

The Astros went way beyond what anyone else did, to give themselves a systematic advantage. They deserved for the title to be rescinded.

I think we have the #1 farm system at end of year regardless

Reactions: Gallatin

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
"Oh boy the Pirates game is starting earlier than normal at 6:35, it's only 6:38 so I should be fine though"

-Turns on game to watch the Padres player running the bases after hitting a homerun

It's going to be one of these games isn't it :laugh:

Yuck - a me too event...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really had hope for Kuhl after what he was able to do from 2016-2018 (even if his 2018 season was meh), but I'm just disappointed with what I've seen from him since coming back from TJS. He's absolutely wild up there, and he's not a young guy anymore either that you would hope figures out.

I mean it's not like this year matters anyway so it's not the end of the world, but at this point I would hope they move on from Kuhl after this year.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Small miracle he only gave up 2 – he has no idea where any of the fastballs are going and half the sliders were hung. Umpire probably gave him 4-5 pretty clear balls, too. This is shaping up to be a long night.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
We should pinch hit for Kuhl here. He's going to give the lead back if it's just 3-2.

This is "baseball is unpredictable" example 2 million, though I actually do think Snell isn't that great. When he's really dealing, he's obviously very good, but I just don't think he brings it consistently to be a true front of rotation guy.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
We should pinch hit for Kuhl here. He's going to give the lead back if it's just 3-2.

This is "baseball is unpredictable" example 2 million, though I actually do think Snell isn't that great. When he's really dealing, he's obviously very good, but I just don't think he brings it consistently to be a true front of rotation guy.

I'm now regretting my fantasy BB pick.

I look at Snell's track record and he just is a F.O.R. guy. That said the stuff is not as impressive as Darvish's yesterday. You could tell that Stallings and even Egon went up there thinking "you know, I can hit this guy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad