OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Return of the Bastardo Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
We are making the 30-51 Giants with Posey and a bunch of trash for a lineup look like the Big Red Machine right now.

In the end, this probably just makes Neil's job a little easier instead of having to toe the line even though we have too many issues just because the division is a mess.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Time to watch something else. It would be nice if Cole could actually act like a #1 overall pick instead of imitating an inconsistent middle of the rotation pitcher.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
You guys don't get the strategy. The Giants scored way too many runs today. Law of averages says they don't score much in the next 2. A clever ploy indeed.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
One of those games where the baseball gods were playing "can you top this" kind of night.

Still trying to figure out why I sat and watched that dumpster fire in its entirety.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
An unsurprising and abysmal showing. It's going to be even more annoying if this team still grinds it out against these bad teams, picks up a series win, and is basically still hanging around or even gaining a game or so. Just get swept by the Giants and take it on the chin from the Phillies and be done with this season.

Cole is really a headcase. There's nothing much else to say about him. He has the talent and the stuff of an elite MLB pitcher, but is absolutely lacking in the mental game and the consistency, and neither of those two things are going to change. These things end up being more pronounced on a team that basically needs all the small things to go their way as often as possible.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Glasnow's on the mound again tonight. Last time out he threw 86 in 7 with 0 ER 12 SO and 2 BB. Reports are he's been hitting the upper 90s again. All good signs but I'm not sure how much to take away from the numbers given AAA hitting. I'd be more interested in looking at his pitch graphs to see his location. The fastball getting back into the upper 90s at least tell us he's regaining some confidence, but I'm weary of what will happen once brought back up.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Glasnow's on the mound again tonight. Last time out he threw 86 in 7 with 0 ER 12 SO and 2 BB. Reports are he's been hitting the upper 90s again. All good signs but I'm not sure how much to take away from the numbers given AAA hitting. I'd be more interested in looking at his pitch graphs to see his location. The fastball getting back into the upper 90s at least tell us he's regaining some confidence, but I'm weary of what will happen once brought back up.

He's back in his environment. The big fish in a little pond. I'm not convinced he's anywhere near ready yet.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I love that New York franchises are responsible for the ridiculous and over drawn buyouts of Dipietro, Yashin and Bonilla.:laugh:

It's good if Glasnow is finding his top velocity more often. That is a step in the right direction for sure. I could see him using his fastball like Verlander in his prime. Start the game at 93-95 and work your way up to 97-99 in the later innings.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I hope they are teaching Glasnow a shorter kick. Not for holding runners, that's a lost cause for this organization, but for balance. He's so long that I think his leg kick is messing with his consistency/accuracy.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I hope they are teaching Glasnow a shorter kick. Not for holding runners, that's a lost cause for this organization, but for balance. He's so long that I think his leg kick is messing with his consistency/accuracy.

Anything they can do to simplify his mechanics and improve how consistently he can repeat them would be a good thing.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Not an encouraging start: you have Moore on the ropes, and you need to land a punch there. I can't imagine he's going to have a strong game, but also wouldn't be too shocked if he dances through enough raindrops and manages to be decentish through 5 IP or something.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Not an encouraging start: you have Moore on the ropes, and you need to land a punch there. I can't imagine he's going to have a strong game, but also wouldn't be too shocked if he dances through enough raindrops and manages to be decentish through 5 IP or something.

The Johnny Cueto roadmap to success.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Brown and Blass seem really pissed at each other.

Kuhl for the most part is pitching like he has been keeping tabs on Brault.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Cutch has now reached base in 10 straight PA over the last 3 games. 6 hits, 3 walks and a HBP

Of course Kuhl has a no-hitter through 5 on only 60 pitches. That's what you should do with this lineup, even Kuhl is being efficient. Just shows how embarrassing yesterday's ****show was.

Last edited:

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
Soooo....is it just me or are the American flags on everyone's right sleeves backwards? (Stars are supposed to be top left, not top right)

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Moore is dominating the Pirates... would be nice to give Kuhl some cushion to make sure that we do the absolutely necessary thing and win this game. Part of me is actually hoping for a two out meaningless single or something in the 7th, so that we can bring in Nicasio/Rivero.

On to the 6th. Kuhl's been sneaky, not quite as dominant as you'd expect for this efficiency. Falling behind a good bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad