OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Return of the Bastardo Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Just like that, the no hitter and the lead are gone. Hurdle better send Searage out now and get somebody up in the pen.

Edit: Props to Kuhl for battling in that inning, and particularly not giving Posey a chance to hurt him. He's probably earned the chance to start the seventh, but I also wouldn't call it a bad decision to just pull him here. It would be nice if somebody could hit a HR and give him some slight room for error.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
SF announcers saying if you make a really dumb challenge the manager should be sent home. :laugh:

Edit: and the call is overturned. Belt is out. :handclap:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Relative to recent disappointments, this one is looking like an especially innovate way to frustratingly lose.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
If you ever wanted to question the disparity between AAA and the majors, Moroff has 13 HR's in AAA. Think about that.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
It's partially a sample size thing. Moroff hasn't done anything to show upside in his limited chances, but he's also barely played. I'm just not sure why he's starting when Mercer murders LHP.

Despite today's offensive suck fest and last night's dumpster fire, I just got $7 tickets to see Cole pitch on Wednesday in Philadelphia.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
It's partially a sample size thing. Moroff hasn't done anything to show upside in his limited chances, but he's also barely played. I'm just not sure why he's starting when Mercer murders LHP.

Despite today's offensive suck fest and last night's dumpster fire, I just got $7 tickets to see Cole pitch on Wednesday in Philadelphia.

That's a great deal. Hopefully the good Cole will show up for you.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
That's a great deal. Hopefully the good Cole will show up for you.

Yeah, you would think he should have a good game with how bad the Phillies offense is, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Cubs lost again today. The process of this team just failing to do anything is just painful to watch. If we would have won yesterday and win today, we'd be .5 games behind them... they've struggled enough that if we win today, it's still very feasible that we'll be able to tie them next weekend, but overall, ugh.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
So the options to enter this game are now Bastardo, Hudson, Marinez, and Santana?

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
I hope the people doing the WOOOOO thing get punched in the throat. They make the game nearly unwatchable when you combine it with the product on the field.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Hudson. Should dump him in the river of the same name next visit to New York.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I really wish the Cubs had won the past two so that these losses further sunk us to the basement. We are at the very best the third best team in the worst division in baseball. Absolutely pathetic.

On the plus side of things, Glasnow's off to a relatively strong start in AAA: 6 Ks, 1 H, 1 R, 1 BB through 3 innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad