Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 5/4 8:14 PM - Good News as Game 7 is at TD Garden, Bad News Game 7 is at TD Garden - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
NBC wasn't perfect, but at least they tried to get mostly US players for commentary on a US centric broadcast.
I got flamed hard for saying exactly this after game 1. I mean its a US broadcast FFS and ESPN/TNT have two major biased douche bags shitting on the only US team In the series on a US national broadcast. How does that make any sense?

And the NHL wonders why the game is not growing in the US….

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I got flamed hard for saying exactly this after game 1. I mean its a US broadcast FFS and ESPN/TNT have two major biased douche bags shitting on the only US team In the series on a US national broadcast. How does that make any sense?

And the NHL wonders why the game is not growing in the US….

Even the Canadians on NBC held back from any bias. Sharp was really good when he used to come in as a guest analyst during the playoffs. PK and Biz are just buffoons, not to mention leg-humping honks for the Leafs.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Not really. God forbid the Bruins win, I’m still very much disappointed. It’s either tread water or agonizing defeat for them
I'm in the same boat. It'll be the least excited for a game 7 win I'll ever experience, and if they lose it's meh I expected it at this point anyways. They really killed the atmosphere with the last 2 dud games.

Reactions: Gordoff

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Would you even call what we have as centers? Beecher yes.

They don't win face offs they don't create offense for their wingers, Neither would be playing that position on a contending team.

They are both wingers trying to play center. How many times do we have to watch opposing teams with possession on every face off, regardless of PK PP or even strength.

Just can win consistently in big games with these two trying to play center

Next time he should just hit the go invisible mode and not get hit with a shot, I doubt for I second Sway gave him the glare lol

Out of curiosity what did you want him to do there? Lucky hail Mary shot but 88 is a stud and it paid off.
He gave him the glare. Heardcthat he did from Jake on Sirius . Then watched fir it on highlight. Jake was right.
What did ya want Charlie to do there? You are kidding right ....more you are knew ....get the f out the way and let your goalie see the shot! Instead a nice attempt at s screen and deflect. Duh

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I'm in the same boat. It'll be the least excited for a game 7 win I'll ever experience, and if they lose it's meh I expected it at this point anyways. They really killed the atmosphere with the last 2 dud games.
It really has.
Garbage hockey.
Firs time I ever remember wanting to just get the first round over with so we can move on with the play offs. Atleast in the east anyways.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No kidding. Frederick has three goals for God's sake.

It's all very simple. Our best players (minus Sway), have played terribly the last two games. When what is required for success is for them to actually play BETTER than they did in the regular season, not far worse.
Ding ding ding

Like I said earlier, it’s incredible to me ppl waste time and effort complaining about bottom 6 guys when the team isn’t scoring

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Even the Canadians on NBC held back from any bias. Sharp was really good when he used to come in as a guest analyst during the playoffs. PK and Biz are just buffoons, not to mention leg-humping honks for the Leafs.

I'm convinced Subban goes home every night and memorizes The Book of Hockey Cliches so he has plenty of them ready to go for his next broadcast. He says the same thing over and over in 15 different ways.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Imagine this is the best we can hope for
It kinda feels like the year Boston was without Matt Hunwick in the playoffs. I think he had spleen thing going on. Boston was shallow up front and Savard had nobody to play RW with him. Plenty of folks were hugely overestimating the loss of Hunwick, thinking the Bruins should try him at RW1

I only say it because I was part of that group.

Matt Hunwick lol

Reactions: BMC

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
It kinda feels like the year Boston was without Matt Hunwick in the playoffs. I think he had spleen thing going on. Boston was shallow up front and Savard had nobody to play RW with him. Plenty of folks were hugely overestimating the loss of Hunwick, thinking the Bruins should try him at RW1

I only say it because I was part of that group.

Matt Hunwick lol
Can't really believe he still played 14 NHL games as recently as 2019, he was drafted in 2004. Surprised he was able to stay in the league as long as he did lol.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Can't really believe he still played 14 NHL games as recently as 2019, he was drafted in 2004. Surprised he was able to stay in the league as long as he did lol.
I would have guessed he was playing in Europe by 2011, but now that I think of it, I definitely remember him playing for Colorado and Toronto

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i said it last night but i legitimately think there’s a chance jim goes back to ullmark and he gets shelled especially if matthews is back and the game opens up

• Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad