OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Let the Kids Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
He does. Speaking of that...our OF is looking good again for the near future and beyond. When healthy...Dickerson - Marte - Polanco.

Martin just got a taste. Bryan Reynolds isn't far behind. I actually like him better. So we have options.

Then theres Swaggerty, Oneil Cruz, and Cal Mitchell. All in Bradenton at the same time( i like that they are all developing together like Hayes/Tucker/Craig). Mitchell with 2 HRs already in 6 ABs. Had 10 last season. We know about Cruz. Hopefully Swaggerty becomes that toolsy CF...that was compared to Benintendi.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm hoping the Pirates win, but i'm not expecting a win.

Its the Cubs home opener with their ace on the mound, its a game i would think they would win.

Gotta watch out for Baez(11 for 19 off Taillon) and Rizzo(9 for 20 off Taillon)

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
giphy.gif

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
6 unearned runs in one inning? Did that just make history? Newman with 2 errors. But Taillon not able to finish guys either.

Reactions: TNT87

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Okay, now I'm starting to get why this team was so down on Newman :laugh:

Treat him solely as a 2nd baseman? I don't even know what to say to that kind of performance, getting 3 errors in 1 game should be enough to get you cut on the spot.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
6 unearned runs in one inning? Did that just make history? Newman with 2 errors. But Taillon not able to finish guys either.

Yeah, he has an 0-2 pitch on Lester who is a .096 lifetime hitter. The Newman error was terrible but he could have easily have gotten out of that inning with no damage.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Also glad I missed this one. Not sure there are any solutions at SS other than throwing Gonzalez back out there everyday and hoping the bat comes around a bit.

I've lowered expectations for this series. Let's just avoid the sweep, and make sure we tread water or hopefully pull out a 5-3 result on the road trip. I hope Lyles can surprise again Wednesday, but I'm not holding my breath.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003

Presumably he'll appeal it and still make the next start, but yeesh.

Weather looks like it's going to be absolute shit in Chicago for the next couple of days. I'd actually be just fine taking my chances on just one game vs. them on Thursday and Musgrove for the split.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, I don't have any problem with it, but it really shows how convoluted the logic is in MLB. If he was just ejected like he should have been, then there's probably no "fight", and then no suspension.

Maybe there are rules to prevent this, but seems like he can just appeal the suspension until after his start on Friday, and then drop it and basically just take the suspension but still not really miss a start, because there are two off days next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad