OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Let the Kids Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Legit only positive is probably Tucker. I guess Shuck with the effort too – he's certainly doing as much as he can to keep his roster spot.

I imagine Clint will probably have Tucker back lower in the order vs. all the veteran lefties this weekend, but I think I'd just keep him at the top. We need the spark, even if he'll have a couple of games where he looks like a rookie. To me, his plate discipline is pretty solid so far, and the ball jumps off his bat. When you add the speed, that's a top of the order bat on this team. I think I'd like to see him and Marte 1-2, then maybe Frazier for the time being. Drop Polanco down behind Bell.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I think it is in lieu of a planned spot start for another former, lesser heralded Pirate, Adrian Sampson, which means we might not face him. But if he is going to stick in the rotation, I think it would line up with one of those games we play next week.

Having to face three lefties in LA, and then potentially at least one more in Texas, is pretty daunting. The offense needs to wake up in a hurry, or we know how this goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad