OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Home of the Korean Baseball Jesus | 이것은 문자 그대로 횡설수설입니다

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
polanco has just crushed a few balls this series, but he looks so awkward running the bases. Bad slides, indecision on whether to take a base. Needs major improving

He suffers from "young geraff syndrome" something he should grow out of, and then look out MLB.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
That was the Bucs best win of the year so far IMO.

A nice comeback win with a couple regulars out of the lineup, and then the Bullpen shuts it down, nice win for the Bucs.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
You could tell Cole was pissed at Pedro there.

That's one thing that Cole still needs to work on, when something bad happens in the field or the ump makes a bad call he kind of goes on tilt.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Walker crushed that double. Nice clutch hitting. Need the bullpen to hold it down.

On second thought, Cole still out to start the 8th.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Cole has looked very good this year.

Hes already our ace, but i'm still hoping he can kind of take a step up this year to be a true ace.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Raise it.

It says something about the mettle of this team, to run off three straight wins after that crushing to the Cubs. I think a big part of that is Clint Hurdle. I realize that is an unmeasurable thing, but in nearly all the interviews I hear with Hurdle, he is constantly talking how he preps this team in the psychological part of the game. Stressing how much this game is mental and going in depth about how they sit down and talk with struggling players to get their head right. He talks about mindset and approach, and how they relay that to the players, (not just for press quotes) more than any head coach I have ever heard.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Raise it.

It says something about the mettle of this team, to run off three straight wins after that crushing to the Cubs. I think a big part of that is Clint Hurdle. I realize that is an unmeasurable thing, but in nearly all the interviews I hear with Hurdle, he is constantly talking how he preps this team in the psychological part of the game. Stressing how much this game is mental and going in depth about how they sit down and talk with struggling players to get their head right. He talks about mindset and approach, and how they relay that to the players, (not just for press quotes) more than any head coach I have ever heard.

You hit the nail on the head. Hurdle often makes decisions that I disagree with. However, he always gets the best out of his players and the team is always ready to play. We are lucky to have him managing the Pirates.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Agreed all the way there. The Pirates of old would have gone into a deep slump after a loss like that. Hurdle has a bit of the Dick LeBeau in him in that you can tell that the players genuinely look up to the man and want to do him proud. He may not be the best tactical manager out there, but there's something to be said about being able to get a clubhouse as cohesive as the Pirates' is and has been the past couple years.

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah, to agree with everyone, I'm willing to accept some of his tactical decisions for the presence he brings. One of the rare cases where I'll take 'intangibles' over something that could probably be quantified. Hurdle has brought something special to this baseball club. A true leader of men.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
You hit the nail on the head. Hurdle often makes decisions that I disagree with. However, he always gets the best out of his players and the team is always ready to play. We are lucky to have him managing the Pirates.

Agreed.

And yeah, I share yours, and others sentiment on the managerial decision making, at times.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
The bunting drives me nuts although i've seen much less of it lately. I hate giving teams free outs.

His batting and running tactics are generally sound otherwise, but damn does he get stuck on certain pitchers in certain situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad