OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Home of the Korean Baseball Jesus | 이것은 문자 그대로 횡설수설입니다

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
baby-giraffe-running.jpeg

Last edited:

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
It will be tough to be a .500 team if the bullpen keeps it up.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Great. Looks like the Pirates are not broadcasting the game once again due to the Penguins. No way on gods green earth will I watch the Chicago feed again. No Bucco game for me tonight.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
if anyone that has verizon, and knows of a Chicago feed of tonight's game being shown, please let me know.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Cervelli with an rbi single, and Kang brings I another with a sac fly. 2-0 Bucs.

edit.....Pedro drives in one. 3-0

Edit......3-1 now.

Last edited:

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Harrison in the lead off bothers me. He's not a very big BB walk guy so if he's not hitting high .200's or over 3, he's not going to be on base enough. Love JayHay more than almost anyone but he's not that great in the 1 hole.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
There's trouble, right here in River cIty.......cubs got bases loaded, no outs.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
That's the real Tony Watson....comes in bases loaded nobody out and gets out of it with 1 run (charged to Hughes).....now we'll get to see Melancon with a 1 run lead in the top of the 9th. Prove me wrong Mark.

krepitch

Coyote Fan
Jul 15, 2009
Phoenix
That's the real Tony Watson....comes in bases loaded nobody out and gets out of it with 1 run (charged to Hughes).....now we'll get to see Melancon with a 1 run lead in the top of the 9th. Prove me wrong Mark.

I think the Cubs broadcast crew said Melancon is unavailable tonight.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Well at least one Pittsburgh team won tonight. Good to see them bounce back after that heartbreaker the previous night.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Big relief to scratch out this game. Hopefully we can break even in the series tomorrow and just move on. Obviously 5-2 is a fine homestand, and we'll be improving on the horrid start no matter what. However, this team is in a major funk right now. Bad, sloppy baseball combined with bad breaks at key times and bad performances when we needed pitchers to step up, with the exception of Watson tonight (and Worley earlier in the game, to be honest).

I have been offline for the past few games because internet problems are causing my MLB tv to work horribly, so I'm sure you've all been discussing these things. Another thing to note is that this is exactly what this Cubs team is capable of when things are going well for them and their young players are hot at the plate. I'm trying not to speak from a jealous/sore loser position when I say this, but they aren't going to maintain the intensity in this way, and just overall aren't a deep enough team or a team with enough good pitching. But they are definitely more than capable of smacking around any team and winning a series. And they are also going to be scary good going forward into the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad