OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Good Vibes Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Ponce was having a pretty easy game but then gives up a hit to the pitcher and has the misfortune of Pederson golfing a low curveball out of the park and a seeing eye single against the shift to lose the lead. When things don't go well, they really don't go well.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I want Contreras promoted at this point for the sole reason that Altoona's camera looks like it's in the middle of a contested war zone or something. He looks dominant but you can only really tell so much from this thing.

He finally got tagged tonight.

Martin is in a massive slump, as are most of the Curve hitters it seems. Bae being a major disappointment. I liked him to be another Frazier type bat. Still early though.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah I caught all of his innings -- the position players all looked like pretty bad, though Mitchell hit a really pretty HR. Some so-so play behind Contreras, not sure what was counted as error and what wasn't played, but he was also erratic and had some hard hit balls off him. So no way to totally excuse it, and no shocker for a guy who still hasn't pitched much at all above AA. For one positive, he did come out and have a quick, 1-2-3 shutdown inning in the 4th to end his day.

Looks like Priester turned in a very solid start tonight, and reports from twitter say Jared Jones had a great pro debut, touching 99mph several times.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Yeah I caught all of his innings -- the position players all looked like pretty bad, though Mitchell hit a really pretty HR. Some so-so play behind Contreras, not sure what was counted as error and what wasn't played, but he was also erratic and had some hard hit balls off him. So no way to totally excuse it, and no shocker for a guy who still hasn't pitched much at all above AA. For one positive, he did come out and have a quick, 1-2-3 shutdown inning in the 4th to end his day.

Looks like Priester turned in a very solid start tonight, and reports from twitter say Jared Jones had a great pro debut, touching 99mph several times.

Yeah, it was bound to happen.

These bounce back starts are key for me when I evaluate pitchers. Always like to see what kind of mettle guys have, how they adjust, as hitters/teams adjust to them.

I'm interested to see if Priester gets a mid/late season call up to AA. I'd like to see him pitch live. Figure he will if he continues to pitch like his past 2 starts vs his first 2. It'd be huge if he's a #1 down the line but for now I'd be happy with a mid rotation workhorse who can throw strikes consistently.

We're definitely going to be contending for the #1 again next year. That would give Cherington 3 straight premium drafts to build "his" team and then you hopefully start seeing the rewards of that the next few seasons down the line (hopefully beyond).

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003

Just went back and watched Jones' three innings. The stuff is definitely nasty, though you can really see the control questions – he missed spots a fair bit, yanked five or six fastballs probably. It looked like he could really command the breaking stuff and he was sharp sometimes with the fastball too. His best pitch with it was probably to finish off the second inning he pitched, where he had worked into a little bit of a jam by losing a full count to a walk and then giving up what was scored an infield hit but probably should have been made for an out. He made some really nice pitches to get out of it, capping off with a beautiful 97mph heater right on the outside of the plate.

Mojica also hit another absolute tank shot.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh

Just went back and watched Jones' three innings. The stuff is definitely nasty, though you can really see the control questions – he missed spots a fair bit, yanked five or six fastballs probably. It looked like he could really command the breaking stuff and he was sharp sometimes with the fastball too. His best pitch with it was probably to finish off the second inning he pitched, where he had worked into a little bit of a jam by losing a full count to a walk and then giving up what was scored an infield hit but probably should have been made for an out. He made some really nice pitches to get out of it, capping off with a beautiful 97mph heater right on the outside of the plate.

Mojica also hit another absolute tank shot.

Count me amazed how many pitchers we have with electric stuff. And I already thought it was going to be good coming in. When people were complaining last month about not having pitching depth in the Minors - all I could do was laugh - and start hilighting guys.

Never see a collection of arms like this. Sure they're mostly in A-ball and the Rookie Leagues, but it's fairly unprecedented for the Bucs IMO. can't wait to see were we are in a few years....

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Count me amazed how many pitchers we have with electric stuff. And I already thought it was going to be good coming in. When people were complaining last month about not having pitching depth in the Minors - all I could do was laugh - and start hilighting guys.

Never see a collection of arms like this. Sure they're mostly in A-ball and the Rookie Leagues, but it's fairly unprecedented for the Bucs IMO. can't wait to see were we are in a few years....

yeah
Contreras
priester
Yean
Thomas
Malone
Mlodzinski
Bolton
Jones
Ashcraft
Soriano
Oviedo
And thats just off the yop of my head and doesnt include guys like Yajure.

Reactions: Gallatin

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
There's definitely a healthy number. One thing I wonder if there's any sense of is whether there is more likelihood for high variance / high upside pitchers to give you bullpen options and bullpen depth, since command is typically what ends up putting them in the pen.

We don't seem to have a ton of pitchability guys in the system, which partly just reflects the nature of the game now. I don't think that's much of an issue -- to some extent you can maybe tag Yajure in that way, and there are some depth guys who could potentially fill that role for a while (Crowe, Ponce).

It's been a good depth building enterprise so far, and I think you try and cap it off with one of the Vandy pitchers. Then you have a set of guys between Vandy pitcher, Keller, Priester, Thomas, Malone, Contreras, Mlodzinski, and Jones who are all extremely high ceiling and who you'll be really set with if you have three of them click in the way that they can.

Reactions: Gallatin

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003

Cool story from Persak today on Tahnaj Thomas, by the way. I have to say, I think Thomas is becoming my favorite prospect in the system. He and Priester both are really on that exciting cusp where big steps forward this year could lead to them getting some starts in Altoona, which is really where some hype can start for them as having a path to the majors.

It's too bad Gonzales suffered this weird hand injury, because IMO Greensboro is the funnest team in the system to follow. Sounds like Peguero will be back in action soon, and another name I am starting to notice/look out for is OF Matthew Frazier. 3rd round pick out of college in 2019, and like what seems to be a lot of that demographic, isn't really popping up on any lists due to lack of data. He's stepped into a top of the order role in the absence of Peguero and done pretty well, getting on base, hitting for a bit of power, swiping bags.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
The issue I have with the SP depth is that is mostly high upside, low floor guys. Even someone like Priester, who was a high 1st round pick, isn't a lock to be a difference maker. Obviously very, very few guys are but investing high draft picks in arms is how you improve the quality, provided you have a good scouting/development apparatus. I think we have the scouting aspect down. Just remains to be seen how the new regime develops players now. That was the big problem with Huntington and company. As much as I'm excited about Contreras and a few others, they're young and still have a lot of variance to them.

I'm sorry but I don't see Keller as a high upside guy. I really don't understand the positivity around him with the amount of innings we've seen from him by now. Even his last few starts, he's giving up 4, 5 runs in half a game's worth of work. He walks FIVE batters per 9. I mean it's Glasnow level bad (Pirates) control and he doesn't have the same stuff as TG. Not even close to be frank. Obviously the xERA and FIP are better than the raw ERA of 7+ but again, we're talking about a guy who is struggling to make quality starts over and over and over. I have little faith in his ability to pitch at this level mainly due to his horrendous command + flat FB. Maybe he'll turn it around, but right now, I simply don't see him being a plus presence moving forward. He just doesn't look like a guy who has any confidence.

If there is one position you legitimately can never have enough talent it's SP. Between the increased injury rates we see today (especially TJ's) and burn outs, you have to keep that position well stocked year over year.

I think we have the foundation for a really good set of position players moving forward (most guys still in minors of course) and we MIGHT have some top 3 rotation arms but when you have 2 college arms coming out that have both shown they can and usually do dominate the top conference in college baseball, I have a hard time believing a HS SS is a better bet given where we are and what we're trying to do. Even Davis would feel like a slight reach and penny pinching move.

Really hope one or both of the Vandy guys absolutely owns the CWS. Would make me feel better about them being drafted because right now I have a guy feeling it's going to be Lawlar or some other cost saving move as teams wade further into the hyper analytic realm.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

Cool story from Persak today on Tahnaj Thomas, by the way. I have to say, I think Thomas is becoming my favorite prospect in the system. He and Priester both are really on that exciting cusp where big steps forward this year could lead to them getting some starts in Altoona, which is really where some hype can start for them as having a path to the majors.

It's too bad Gonzales suffered this weird hand injury, because IMO Greensboro is the funnest team in the system to follow. Sounds like Peguero will be back in action soon, and another name I am starting to notice/look out for is OF Matthew Frazier. 3rd round pick out of college in 2019, and like what seems to be a lot of that demographic, isn't really popping up on any lists due to lack of data. He's stepped into a top of the order role in the absence of Peguero and done pretty well, getting on base, hitting for a bit of power, swiping bags.

Peguero is my guy right now. Sucks he was hurt but glad to see he's close to being back. He's the best bet to be our long term SS at the MLB level IMO.

Nice read on Thomas. He definitely fits the mold of a high upside arm with a lot of variance.

Also, don't sleep on Omar Cruz. Came over from SD in the Musgrove trade and is one of the very few LHP starters we have in the system. He is blowing hitters away over his first 3 starts (19 K's in 9 innings) but also has walked 9 batters so another guy who would seem to be high risk/high reward. Would definitely be nice to get a quality lefty on the big club here in the next few seasons.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
With Keller, I think you can basically throw away the various stat figures right now and do the eye test on him. My read of the situation is that the past two starts have been steps in the right direction because he has been able to consistently locate the slider where it needs to be, which helps the fastball play better and finally gives him something to get whiffs on.

They need to keep repeating that, and ideally the entire package comes together. His command with the fastball has gotten better to my eye, but I don't think the good starts he had where he was heavy fastball usage are repeatable over the long run (or much better than 5 IP starts anyways, which is not what you want in the end).

Is it enough to be optimistic about? Jury is still out for me, and there's plenty of obvious reason to be worried about him. My read from 20,000 feet is that he's a guy who lived by locating fastballs low in the zone and cruising by guys in the minors who has now had to learn how to move the pitch all around the zone and be comfortable up high and above the zone. That's not a simple switch to flip and I think you can most track his confidence when he's willing to just let it rip and try. This sounds like insane homerism, but I think it's actually fine when he ends up missing middle middle because even though there's an extremely high likelihood that he'll get punished, he has to be able to live with the fastball at the top of the zone in order to set everything else up.

He does not have an elite fastball and its shape leaves a lot to be desired, but to be frank, I find the stuff that Rum Bunter is trying to pedal to be total dog shit and a good example of hamfisted grasping at straws to try and give a simplistic explanation. To be clear, I am not trying to suggest that this means that Keller has been, is, or will be good -- I think the stats IE brings up and the obvious things you can see in the eye test are plenty enough to know that, but it should be noted that Keller's fastball isn't just some dogshit pitch. It grades above average on spin and you can clearly see that it plays well enough when he can locate it.

There's no easy solution and I definitely understand why anyone would be giving up on him or giving up on him as a high upside guy. I think what he needs is relatively straightforward: to keep locating the slider down and away while moving the fastball around and mixing in the curve. In my estimation his recent "bad starts" have been way better than the ones from earlier in the year because he's been able to flash that, whereas earlier, his slider looked atrocious (and in all fairness, it should be noted that he totally hung one in the last game too). I think it's still a mixed bag but that the pieces are more clearly all present now than they were in his April starts.

Lining up to face the Rockies in PNC is a great opportunity for him. I am hoping he can finish out May strong and then put together a bit more of a consistent June. Overall I think there has been definite progress between April and May.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm going to try not to harp on this too much, but I really do hope we'll give Tucker something like an extended run of things here over the next two weeks or so. There is nothing to be lost at all from starting him pretty much every day – Gonzalez doesn't hit enough in the context of this lineup to justify his great defense, and Tucker has shown lots of very good defense in his time anyways, so might as well see if he can consistently hit the ball.

Certainly he should play over guys like Difo or Vargas who have 0 chance to be part of the future of the team. I'm not really optimistic about Tucker or pessimistic, I just want to see us give him some run. Hayes is going to come back and start most of the time at 3rd, so now is the chance to just give Tucker a shot at SS and have Newman and EGon trading off at 3B or something. Really, it would make sense to give him an even longer look that that, but that could still come later in the season. I really hope he's back at SS tonight. If he hits enough to stick around, surely he can be platooned some with Newman or something. He hasn't really earned a huge spot based on the AAA performance but if we're going to have him on the MLB roster, it's not like Gonzalez or Newman has done much of anything to really deserve that spot everyday, especially when you can argue that Tucker's defense is at least as good as theirs.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
With Keller, I think you can basically throw away the various stat figures right now and do the eye test on him. My read of the situation is that the past two starts have been steps in the right direction because he has been able to consistently locate the slider where it needs to be, which helps the fastball play better and finally gives him something to get whiffs on.

They need to keep repeating that, and ideally the entire package comes together. His command with the fastball has gotten better to my eye, but I don't think the good starts he had where he was heavy fastball usage are repeatable over the long run (or much better than 5 IP starts anyways, which is not what you want in the end).

Is it enough to be optimistic about? Jury is still out for me, and there's plenty of obvious reason to be worried about him. My read from 20,000 feet is that he's a guy who lived by locating fastballs low in the zone and cruising by guys in the minors who has now had to learn how to move the pitch all around the zone and be comfortable up high and above the zone. That's not a simple switch to flip and I think you can most track his confidence when he's willing to just let it rip and try. This sounds like insane homerism, but I think it's actually fine when he ends up missing middle middle because even though there's an extremely high likelihood that he'll get punished, he has to be able to live with the fastball at the top of the zone in order to set everything else up.

He does not have an elite fastball and its shape leaves a lot to be desired, but to be frank, I find the stuff that Rum Bunter is trying to pedal to be total dog shit and a good example of hamfisted grasping at straws to try and give a simplistic explanation. To be clear, I am not trying to suggest that this means that Keller has been, is, or will be good -- I think the stats IE brings up and the obvious things you can see in the eye test are plenty enough to know that, but it should be noted that Keller's fastball isn't just some dogshit pitch. It grades above average on spin and you can clearly see that it plays well enough when he can locate it.

There's no easy solution and I definitely understand why anyone would be giving up on him or giving up on him as a high upside guy. I think what he needs is relatively straightforward: to keep locating the slider down and away while moving the fastball around and mixing in the curve. In my estimation his recent "bad starts" have been way better than the ones from earlier in the year because he's been able to flash that, whereas earlier, his slider looked atrocious (and in all fairness, it should be noted that he totally hung one in the last game too). I think it's still a mixed bag but that the pieces are more clearly all present now than they were in his April starts.

Lining up to face the Rockies in PNC is a great opportunity for him. I am hoping he can finish out May strong and then put together a bit more of a consistent June. Overall I think there has been definite progress between April and May.

Eye test shows him still getting tagged almost every start. Multiple barreled up balls early in games. Generally multiple walks. It's not that there isn't potential there somewhere, but his inability to locate pitches is his biggest obstacle IMO. That and I just don't see him as a confident pitcher. I mean, how could you be, in his shoes right now? But certain guys look like they're alphas. Keller does not.

I really think his FB is poor. It's not moving the eyes much and he can't locate it. That's a bad, bad combo at this level. And as you correctly said in other exchanges, with FB troubles, your other pitches lose effectiveness subsequently.

One of the most glaring stats that shines on just how poor he's been?

In 9 starts, Keller has ZERO quality starts.

In 25 career starts, he has TWO.

His walks are through the roof and he gets hit way, way too much. This is how validate his inability to locate pitches, even if haven't watched most/all of his starts (I've seen about half). Too many misses (walks) and too many hittable pitches, getting too big a piece of the plate.

He's so far away IMO.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Eye test shows him still getting tagged almost every start. Multiple barreled up balls early in games. Generally multiple walks. It's not that there isn't potential there somewhere, but his inability to locate pitches is his biggest obstacle IMO. That and I just don't see him as a confident pitcher. I mean, how could you be, in his shoes right now? But certain guys look like they're alphas. Keller does not.

I really think his FB is poor. It's not moving the eyes much and he can't locate it. That's a bad, bad combo at this level. And as you correctly said in other exchanges, with FB troubles, your other pitches lose effectiveness subsequently.

One of the most glaring stats that shines on just how poor he's been?

In 9 starts, Keller has ZERO quality starts.

In 25 career starts, he has TWO.

His walks are through the roof and he gets hit way, way too much. This is how validate his inability to locate pitches, even if haven't watched most/all of his starts (I've seen about half). Too many misses (walks) and too many hittable pitches, getting too big a piece of the plate.

He's so far away IMO.

i wish i didnt agree with this but Keller IMO needs an overhaul. Stuff isnt good enough. Control is awful. Ugh

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I don't totally disagree with anything either of you are saying but I'd insist on two things: 1) the command has noticeably gotten better over the course of the season, and 2) the slider is the pitch it all hangs on for me. If you look at the metrics on the pitch, I'm sure they are still bad (there was some talk about it a few of his starts ago on the broadcast, when Capps was hammering the table for a more fastball-heavy approach, which just isn't going to work, though I will say I like Capps).

But, he's only really had it in his last two starts, and the way they are trying to bring the package all together is what is having me remain cautiously optimistic about it. I'd be way more pessimistic if we were trying to make him completely live and die off the fastball because he simply cannot get enough whiffs with it in that way.

For all the talk about his stuff, he does still have this annoying tendency where hitters cannot quite square him up a lot of the time, but he cannot put them away. It's simultaneously a sort of positive thing while also being maybe the major achilles heel because those ABs often end with a walk or hard contact, as the numbers and eyes attest. If the slider can be working and in the mix, then I think it converts some of those ABs to Ks and others to weaker contact -- stuff that I think has flashed over these past few starts, again when you set aside the fact that in the end they are still objectively bad starts.

That's the reason why I'm nowhere near pulling the plug on the whole thing right now. Yes, given that we have to watch journeymen, retreads, and roster filler put up a 20% winning percentage in May or whatever, it's much easier to zero in on something that we want to see come together and emphasize how it's not working, but the positive signs are really starting to be there in a more noticeable way, which I don't think was the case at all earlier in the season. The good things seemed much more due to luck and randomness then, whereas in the past few starts I can seem glimpses of everything working at once.

Even the start that looks like it was his best on paper, 5.2 vs the Padres with just 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 5 K, isn't really sustainable. There's been a clear pattern in the recent starts that I want to see continue in his next start: in the Cincy start, he cruised through the first time through the order, but then got obliterated while Stallings was seemingly trying to get him to lean more on the offspeed pitches and particularly the slider- then the command of everything went bad and he got chased. In the next two starts he had the pitch mix working the way it needed to, but ran into some issues either in what would have been his last inning (vs. the Giants) or by poorly executing in big spots vs the Braves.

The Rockies are not total pushovers but on the road, they probably represent his biggest chance for everything to come together in one start of 5-6 innings. On paper he's had 4 decent starts, 5 awful ones, and 1 not great one. That's not sustainable but the totals and counting categories do not matter at all, so until he's having 4-5 awful ones in a row, I think you have to keep seeing if he can put all the tools together in one start and then build on it.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003

This is the kind of stuff that makes me wonder if there's really any plan beyond tanking for this season. You have a young player who is apparently worth carving out specific but vague "skills practice" in the Bradenton facility post-spring training finally on the roster. He comes up with a big hit to nearly spark a comeback last night after starting and flashing good defense all game, and then the next day he is sitting while guys with no chance to play any role in the future of the team - trade or otherwise - are run out there.

It just doesn't make any sense. We're losing almost every single day anyways -- what difference does it make if you play the 24 year old rookie over two journeymen every day for a week and a half?

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I don't totally disagree with anything either of you are saying but I'd insist on two things: 1) the command has noticeably gotten better over the course of the season, and 2) the slider is the pitch it all hangs on for me. If you look at the metrics on the pitch, I'm sure they are still bad (there was some talk about it a few of his starts ago on the broadcast, when Capps was hammering the table for a more fastball-heavy approach, which just isn't going to work, though I will say I like Capps).

But, he's only really had it in his last two starts, and the way they are trying to bring the package all together is what is having me remain cautiously optimistic about it. I'd be way more pessimistic if we were trying to make him completely live and die off the fastball because he simply cannot get enough whiffs with it in that way.

For all the talk about his stuff, he does still have this annoying tendency where hitters cannot quite square him up a lot of the time, but he cannot put them away. It's simultaneously a sort of positive thing while also being maybe the major achilles heel because those ABs often end with a walk or hard contact, as the numbers and eyes attest. If the slider can be working and in the mix, then I think it converts some of those ABs to Ks and others to weaker contact -- stuff that I think has flashed over these past few starts, again when you set aside the fact that in the end they are still objectively bad starts.

That's the reason why I'm nowhere near pulling the plug on the whole thing right now. Yes, given that we have to watch journeymen, retreads, and roster filler put up a 20% winning percentage in May or whatever, it's much easier to zero in on something that we want to see come together and emphasize how it's not working, but the positive signs are really starting to be there in a more noticeable way, which I don't think was the case at all earlier in the season. The good things seemed much more due to luck and randomness then, whereas in the past few starts I can seem glimpses of everything working at once.

Even the start that looks like it was his best on paper, 5.2 vs the Padres with just 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 5 K, isn't really sustainable. There's been a clear pattern in the recent starts that I want to see continue in his next start: in the Cincy start, he cruised through the first time through the order, but then got obliterated while Stallings was seemingly trying to get him to lean more on the offspeed pitches and particularly the slider- then the command of everything went bad and he got chased. In the next two starts he had the pitch mix working the way it needed to, but ran into some issues either in what would have been his last inning (vs. the Giants) or by poorly executing in big spots vs the Braves.

The Rockies are not total pushovers but on the road, they probably represent his biggest chance for everything to come together in one start of 5-6 innings. On paper he's had 4 decent starts, 5 awful ones, and 1 not great one. That's not sustainable but the totals and counting categories do not matter at all, so until he's having 4-5 awful ones in a row, I think you have to keep seeing if he can put all the tools together in one start and then build on it.

I agree, he looked better this past Saturday, control wise. The problem was, while the walks faded, he got hammered. 5 innings, 1 walk is nice. 8 hits, 5 ER, after giving up a pair of dingers is not. I saw that game. Didn't see the previous start you mentioned as I was out, but it would seem he lessened the hammered pitches, but then again walked 3 instead of 1. Also gave up 6 hits and 2 ER. That's 9 baserunners in 5 innings. It's not good enough, especially if it's one of his better starts (it was).

Either way, in the last 2 starts, he has 10 innings, 14 hits, 4 walks, 7 ER, 2 HR's, 14 K's. He definitely misses bats at a nice rate, even dating back to his first start, but there is so much variance in where his pitches end up.

Gotta start with the FB and work on locating that. Regardless of spin, or hard contact, etc. I don't know if he needs a delivery tweak, a different grip, whatever, but what he's doing right now, is just not close to good enough to be a contributing member of a winning baseball team.

Still rooting for him all the same obviously.

I think Cherington/Shelton are being smart. It sucks losing but most of the guys here right now won't be on an eventual winner and if you are nowhere near contending (like us) the best strategy is to position yourself to get premium talent in a draft, especially knowing the insane limitations you have financially in the US FA market and international stage.

One more top 3 pick next year, see how the guys in the system develop over the next 12-18 months and I think you're going to see a push forward towards winning. Whether it reaches the heights of Huntington is obviously a mystery but right now we still need all the premium young players we can get. Losing, as much as it sucks, helps us get those premium players come draft day.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh

This is the kind of stuff that makes me wonder if there's really any plan beyond tanking for this season. You have a young player who is apparently worth carving out specific but vague "skills practice" in the Bradenton facility post-spring training finally on the roster. He comes up with a big hit to nearly spark a comeback last night after starting and flashing good defense all game, and then the next day he is sitting while guys with no chance to play any role in the future of the team - trade or otherwise - are run out there.

It just doesn't make any sense. We're losing almost every single day anyways -- what difference does it make if you play the 24 year old rookie over two journeymen every day for a week and a half?

They're doing the same thing as last year. Love it.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

This season and next is about individual players development. They aren’t trying to win they will trade everyone in this line up outside of Reynolds in July or sooner. We will see Tucker play ss everyday then.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
They're doing the same thing as last year. Love it.

This season and next is about individual players development. They aren’t trying to win they will trade everyone in this line up outside of Reynolds in July or sooner. We will see Tucker play ss everyday then.

Neither of these things make sense to me – Tucker is not going to have much influence on a single game and Difo is not going to be tradable no matter what they do. It's just one game, but it's a waste to have Tucker in MLB if journeymen are going to start over him when he's showing any signs of life as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad