OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Duct Tape and Bubble Gum

Status
Not open for further replies.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Yeah, things breaking our way so far when plays like "the Archer hit by the ball and Moran still gets the out", happen.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Musgrove has been bad...only makes sense this would be the time for Archer to turn things around.

If he can be the one to give this pitching staff the spark they need...

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm pretty worried that Musgrove is hurt. His velocity has been down all year and he just doesn't look the same. If we do somehow manage to stay in the race and plan to compete/add, then I think besides fixing the spots that NH could have fixed with cheap, one year deals like the Brewers did, we are going to need to target pitching, namely MadBum. But we are so far from even considering that that it isn't worth talking about now.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I'm pretty worried that Musgrove is hurt. His velocity has been down all year and he just doesn't look the same. If we do somehow manage to stay in the race and plan to compete/add, then I think besides fixing the spots that NH could have fixed with cheap, one year deals like the Brewers did, we are going to need to target pitching, namely MadBum. But we are so far from even considering that that it isn't worth talking about now.

Going after Madbum would likely cost a lot and he would not re-sign here. I'd love to have him though.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't even think that was a bad pitch by Archer, that's exactly where Stallings called for it. He didn't miss his spot there, Aguilar just crushed it.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Good work to minimize any damage. Hopefully he files that swing from Aguilar away for next time – almost everybody else is not catching up to the fastball, so it's been ok to catch a meatier part of the plate.

Need to go to work against Chacin. He's had a bunch of ok/decent starts this year, but he's hittable. We need runners on base and a big fly.

Reactions: td_ice

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I think we need at least two in this inning. Another hit here in front of Bell would be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad