OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Duct Tape and Bubble Gum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Imagine a Meadows/Bell combo...

Imagine a Reynolds/Bell combo, oh wait they have that already.

To continue harping on trading Meadows when the Pirates already have Marte, Polanco, Reynolds, Dickerson, Cabrera, Chissenhall, Martin and maybe even Shuck as major league outfielders is idiotic.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Cabrera probably gets a hit or two there.

Too many bad decisions by Hurdle. Too many injuries. And others are giving into the pressure and not able to carry us while we get healthy.

We are down to a few reliable players. And pitching is getting worse each series.

We are bad at home...if a team is struggling all they need is a series in Pitt to get things going.

Musgrove was bad...Archer will be even worse. This could be the start of the collapse...they hung on as long as they could.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
It sucks that injuries have decimated the pitching staff when that was supposed to be the strength of the team, but even with a healthy staff this team is still just...mediocre.

I think Marte and Polanco are good players, but with the rest of the lineup as is, this team kind of needs them to be more than that.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Make no mistake about it: we just got a gift. This is pretty open and shut. The top of the order needs to generate at least a 3-spot here against Anderson. Musgrove shouldn't pitch another inning no matter what happens.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Couldn't draw it up much better, but you can't win a lot of gams where your pitcher performs like this. This is on Musgrove 100%, and I am not going to be surprised if Clint tries to squeeze another inning out of him for no reason and this gets really ugly.

Careening towards yet another series opener loss. Can Chris Archer be a stopper? :sarcasm:

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009

To continue harping on trading Meadows when the Pirates already have Marte, Polanco, Reynolds, Dickerson, Cabrera, Chissenhall, Martin and maybe even Shuck as major league outfielders is idiotic.

No

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Turned on the Rays game by happenstance, my gosh is Meadows a beast. I hope they move somewhere to the SouthEast, I would jump Bucco ship and sign up immediately for tickets.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

To keep harping on giving up a cost controlled MVP candidate for a poor starting pitcher.....? Sorry, a lot of GOOD Pirate fans will always wonder what might have been if we hadn't made that trade.

Again, some stated at the time of YOUR excitement that it wasn't just a bad trade, not just an all time worse Pirates trade, but maybe one of the worst in MLB history. That's not hindsight.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'll give this shit show pitching one thing, and it's that at least it's not as rote and repetitive as having Austin f***ing Meadows being brought up on every single page of this thread.

Reactions: td_ice

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Meadows & Glasnow should be brought up every day to show the disaster that is Neal Huntington, the terrible short sighted coaching and overall bad organization that is the Pirates.

It’s a vehicle to force change, which is much needed.

Do you not get that? Or do think I and others bring up that trade simply to troll. I am trolling, but I’m trolling the fraud organization. It needs to be done by someone, for the most part the media makes excuses for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad