OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Down The Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Dodgers up 3-0 all game. Kershaw again blows it for them...tied 3-3. 10th inning(Joe Kelly pitching) Grand slam.

Dodgers r done

Time for Kershaw to be out of there too. He never came thru for them

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Also, of course the Dodgers bullpen blows it and we can’t dangle Vazquez anymore

Pirates luck. I totally wanted to be able to blame it on that.

But damn Kershaw....he just cant win big games in playoffs. No business being in 8th inning facing Rendon/Soto

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
So the Dodgers bullpen implodes. I realize that even if they would have traded for Vazquez he wouldn't have been able to pitch because he is a creep. Still, though it's satisfying to see them lose that way because they rather keep their prospects.

Kershaw once again fails in the postseason. Talk about not being a big game pitcher. Stellar in the regular season yet chokes in the playoffs.

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
So the Dodgers bullpen implodes. I realize that even if they would have traded for Vazquez he wouldn't have been able to pitch because he is a creep. Still, though it's satisfying to see them lose that way because they rather keep their prospects.

Kershaw once again fails in the postseason. Talk about not being a big game pitcher. Stellar in the regular season yet chokes in the playoffs.

Yeah its crazy.. Usually he waits til the WS tho. This time i not gonna blame him....you don't put him out there in the 8th to face two HR hitters. Hes a fastball heavy pitcher who saw his number jump to 28 this year...most ever in a season.

Until teams figure out how to counter these HRs...last thing id do is go with pitchers like him that late. Teams are def gonna go after pitchers that have more offspeed pitches...focus more on spin rates..etc. This year was ridiculous. If there was a year to go with new coaching....this is it since you need a group who was sitting watching what went on this year...and coming up with ways to counter all of these Hrs

Reactions: TNT87

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
It's hilarious that the exact scenario that we needed for Vazquez's price to skyrocket happened (LA losing because they didn't trust their bullpen) and now we can't capitalize on that.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Still happy the Dodgers bullpen blew it even if not trading for Vazquez turned out to be a good call by them.

Whoever wins tonight will be my bandwagon team the rest of the way.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
The true galaxy brain take is not that it sucks that Vazquez was a terrible person and thereby prevented us from having the luck of another Dodgers playoff choke granting us more leverage for prospects, but that it's time for Neal to swoop in and take on the pressure-cooked, downswing-career Kershaw at a reduced price.

Toss AJ Burnett becoming the surprise new pitching coach in for good measure.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I know the Pirates can't trade Vasquez to the Dodgers of course, but I think you could probably get a good return if you dangled Kela in front of them. I don't think they'd do Ruiz for Kela, although crazier things have happened.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Cole looks amazin.. sad what could have been.

First time I have really watched him pitch in a while, he looks like he's in a lot better shape than he was here.... like 15lbs better. Can anyone confirm?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Kinda figured Glasnow would have a rough start. Alot to ask out of him. Cole didnt come thru for us at that age either...losing the Cards series in 13 then letting up 4 in the WC game agaisnt Cubs putting it out of reach(Arrieta on other side). When it should have been Happ to start that game. But since Cole didnt pitch the Giants WC the year before...they decide to go with him in 15.

Of course hes now the top pitcher in the league...just in time to get paid too. Id like to see him go to the Angels. Give Trout something....and make that team relevant

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Kinda figured Glasnow would have a rough start. Alot to ask out of him. Cole didnt come thru for us at that age either...losing the Cards series in 13 then letting up 4 in the WC game agaisnt Cubs putting it out of reach(Arrieta on other side). When it should have been Happ to start that game. But since Cole didnt pitch the Giants WC the year before...they decide to go with him in 15.

Of course hes now the top pitcher in the league...just in time to get paid too. Id like to see him go to the Angels. Give Trout something....and make that team relevant

His contract is going to be crazy.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
You mentioned the Angels and it makes sense since he's from California and the owner has tons of money.

Yup. And they are getting new manager. They can't keep wasting Trouts career. They'd add others along with Cole. Dodgers were fav but does he want to go there? I think it will depend on if Astros win it all or not.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Yup. And they are getting new manager. They can't keep wasting Trouts career. They'd add others along with Cole. Dodgers were fav but does he want to go there? I think it will depend on if Astros win it all or not.

Is Maddon still the favorite to be their manager?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Is Maddon still the favorite to be their manager?

Yeah one of them...i think Girardi too. So many teams firing their guys this year tho. Now add Philly to the list

We arent getting any of those top guys. Honestly i wouldnt mind Jason Kendall. Hes been lobbying for the job. Was a great catcher and knows pitching of course. He knows our team...what the probs were. Would surround himself with right staff to correct those areas. And he also mentioned he would have never allowed the clubhouse to get out of control like that.

Id rather give him his first shot than going with a retread like Banister....who reminds me of another Hurdle.

Last edited:

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
Jason Kendall was an asshole.

I don't want that dude anywhere near this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad