OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Apollo, you wanna to ring the Bell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I think it's a bad move, partially the victim of timing and the upcoming schedule. On the one hand, while I have no faith in Kingham, given the depth right now, his start gained him at least another start or two, especially since the other option is to bury him in the bullpen or DFA him. When you look at the upcoming opponents, things could stay rough for Keller, although he really looked sharp once he got the nerves out of his system. That's why, on the other hand, I basically lean towards this being a horrible decision. Now Keller has to make a second debut if and when he comes back, and I think we all already know what we have with Kingham and Brault, so the likelihood of us moaning about this decision in a week and a half is very high.

We really need a good, settling start from Lyles tonight. We absolutely can't afford to lose 3/4 in this series, and tomorrow looks like a likely loss. Get this win in steady fashion and hope you can take one more on the way out of town tomorrow to bring some momentum into the Milwaukee series.

I don't really mind Marte taking that gamble there. Certainly a TOOTBLAN, but with two outs, maybe this pitcher gets a little antsy and Bell can easily knock him in. Sims is reportedly a guy with fairly ok stuff but has not had good results at all.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Nevermind, now that the replay was shown, I do not support that TOOTBLAN from Marte. If he wasn't half-decisive, he would have made it easily. Let's hope Lyles picks up where he left off and has a little bit of a chip on his shoulder with his finish to the last start.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm glad we have Brown and Wehner in the box to heavily suggest Lyles should be headhunting in the first inning of a game we badly need to win, with Lyles being maybe literally our only very good starter at the moment.

If you wanna settle scores, let Brault hit Dietrich after he loads the bases in front of him in the first inning tomorrow.

Reactions: td_ice

lordstanley91

Jan 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm glad we have Brown and Wehner in the box to heavily suggest Lyles should be headhunting in the first inning of a game we badly need to win, with Lyles being maybe literally our only very good starter at the moment.

If you wanna settle scores, let Brault hit Dietrich after he loads the bases in front of him in the first inning tomorrow.
I’ll allow it

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I somewhat agree with whoever said this would be a better team without Marte and Polanco. 8.5/10 talents with 1/10 brains and it kills this team constantly. I can't say I wouldn't rather be rolling with Reynolds and Meadows.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Offense really needs to step it up. This is pathetic – Sims has an ERA over 4 in AAA. We need Bell and Melky to make him work and get some traffic, and put up a big number. A loss today feels like it guarantees a series loss, which would be a gutshot, only to be followed by four games of the Brewers stomping on the corpse of the team.

3-0 in this stadium should be nothing, especially against a AAAA pitcher. But this looks like it's going to be one of those nights, in the middle of another disaster stretch.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
I'm really out of it... why the Dieritch hate?
Because he acts like a cocky jackhole after hitting a homerun. Standing at the plate watching it and then takes 30 seconds to trot around the bases (yes, Root timed it lol). That said, the Pirates announcers are acting like huge babies about it and won’t stop bitching. Say you hate it, then move on. But no, they spend time in pregame about it and then however many innings, showing replays, etc.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I really hope he's not staying in because of the situation with the rotation. We don't need a hammy tweak to turn into a full-on pull

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
He looks like he's still hurting. We're doomed either way, but this would certainly throw some gas on the fire. On the plus side, guess Keller might be able to come back if someone goes on the IL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad