OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Apollo, you wanna to ring the Bell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

I think Hurdle's lineup card just has "SS" autofilled in the 8th spot, no matter what, and he doesn't have any Whiteout to fix it.

There's no logical reason to have Newman below Moran AND Diaz right now. You're just making it easier to pitch around one of the team's hottest hitters.

I want to get angry but basically this:

tumblr_lm4vas9zvp1qj6l4co1_500.gif

Reactions: KIRK

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm gonna go out on a limb and embarrass myself by saying that Brault keeps the Reds under 5 runs today.

We badly need this win and at the same time, it doesn't matter at all. Everything is riding on Lyles and soon after, Williams. If they aren't pitching a game or two vs Atlanta and Milwaukee, we're in the basement and the conversation will be shifting to selling. If we manage to weather these games, maybe there will be some pressure to add to this team. It's actually astounding that we have basically lost no ground in the division.

I'm bracing myself for the false hope of a brief little run and a rumor about Dallas Keuchel starting in the next handful of days.

Reactions: td_ice

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Damn, hell of a play by Brault there to get Senzel. Huge props to him on this start so far. Did his best Big Joe impression on that play in the field.

Now score some god damn runs. I've sort of had enough of Frazier and Moran.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
What has Frazier done to always lead off and why must Marte hit in the top 3 Newman is hitting tucker mostly successful leading off Moran and Cabrera aren’t everyday players

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Thank you Great American Smallpark!

Hurdle better have learned from Kingham the other day. He needs to have somebody ready to enter the game if Brault runs into some trouble the third time through the order. Brault has looked much better than Kingham to me, but he has no leash third time through the order. If we need ~2 innings from Liriano, we absolutely take them. Even if Crick has to pitch more than 1 or Vazquez does, gotta shepherd this one through the finish line.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
You think we can convince Cleveland to give us one of there cost control pitchers or Washington will let us rent rendon for Marte

I mean.. if we want to try and stick around this year, Marte/Polanco need to be on the block for pitching help. I’m not saying both, I’m not NOT saying both, but I love what Reynolds is doing. Really wish Dickerson was around.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Cleveland is not going to trade a SP for Marte while they're in the race. And they wouldn't trade for Marte if they weren't in the race.

I made the suggestion awhile ago that the Pirates could trade Marte for Bo Naylor, Ethen Hankins, and maybe a relief arm. I think that's possible if Cleveland is in a position to win their division come July.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I mean.. if we want to try and stick around this year, Marte/Polanco need to be on the block for pitching help. I’m not saying both, I’m not NOT saying both, but I love what Reynolds is doing. Really wish Dickerson was around.
Dickerson in a perfect world would be fielding grounders at 3rd while in Indianapolis be willing to sign for 2 20 then I could see Marte moved outside of elite defensively CF he is not helping us. Maybe we can get Adam Eaton and Rendon for Marte or Mercerdo/Martin Kluber Hans for Marte Kela

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Cleveland is not going to trade a SP for Marte while they're in the race. And they wouldn't trade for Marte if they weren't in the race.

I made the suggestion awhile ago that the Pirates could trade Marte for Bo Naylor, Ethen Hankins, and maybe a relief arm. I think that's possible if Cleveland is in a position to win their division come July.
If you know you have 2 seasons of lindor left I would want to upgrade OF

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Spending a bunch of money on Dickerson on the wrong side of 30 would be Archer-trade level bad, sorry.

Brault turned into a pumpkin in the 6th, but it looks like just as someone else replaced Brault for this game, so also did someone else replace Hurdle. He's managing the bullpen correctly, and to win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad