OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Apollo, you wanna to ring the Bell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
They might actually have to pull the trigger on Keuchel if Lyles has to go on the IL. Even if they brought up Keller and Agrazal, they'd be running a crapshoot rotation.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Haha....pretty funny line by Wehner on Dietrich. "he runs when is supposed to be walking, walks when he is to be running." Yeah, Dietrich seems like "look at me everyone" dbag to me, with the all out sprinting on returning the ball to the pitcher.

lordstanley91

Jan 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Haha....pretty funny line by Wehner on Dietrich. "he runs when is supposed to be walking, walks when he is to be running." Yeah, Dietrich seems like "look at me everyone" dbag to me, with the all sprinting on returning the ball to the pitcher.
I thought the same thing...prob a huge narcissist

Reactions: td_ice

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
As I stated 2 weeks ago, run differential tells the true tale. chickens have come home to roost.

PS.. Austin Meadow for Archer would have been an all time bad trade
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
yikesssss

PSS... Nutting could have hired me as a part time GM for 50k per and I would do a better job than NH... that's a fact.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I think its starting to really click for Newman.

Makes me wish they gave him some more reps at the end of last season.

In May he's carrying a .351/.422/.474 (before tonight) in 64 PAs

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
They really need to start treating Newman like their everyday SS, it's getting nonsensical at this point that they haven't done that yet.

Newman does need to start getting more starts, even if it's at 2nd or 3rd. I still am of the mind that Tucker is being setup to fail with him being cemented in the 8 spot.

upload_2019-5-29_7-15-0.png

Yes, he's not doing fantastic in any other spot (minus the SSS at leadoff), but I don't see why Hurdle keeps putting him there, especially games when Stallings is in the lineup. Just make a small adjustment to the lineup instead of trying the same shit over and over again that's proven to not work.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I saw Tucker playing in Charleston a few years back, here's my very basic impression of the kid.

Carries himself like a big league'r and sure looked the part; He really stood out on the field among his peers. But... he looked concerning at the plate. Again to my untrained eye, he seemed to be guessing up there. One time he would be way late on an offspeed and the next pitch he would be way out front of the heat. Who knows what he eventually becomes, kid does carry himself as a star, hopefully he puts it together enough to match his swag.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Rainout looming today – as was exactly the case when the last game got rained out vs. Cincy, obviously it would be better to take our chances whenever the makeup game is rather than with who is slated to start today.

Here's to one more day of deferring the inevitable!

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5

I think Hurdle's lineup card just has "SS" autofilled in the 8th spot, no matter what, and he doesn't have any Whiteout to fix it.

There's no logical reason to have Newman below Moran AND Diaz right now. You're just making it easier to pitch around one of the team's hottest hitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad