OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: About that Hayes kid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
bGECHDvn.jpg:medium

https://www.instagram.com/bubbachandler_/?hl=en

Chandler updated his IG page already lol

Reactions: Rave7215

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Kellington reads as very similar to the D3 pitcher we took last year. Probably underscouted, late riser for people but not in the sense that he's gonna get overslot or anything. Who knows obviously, but sounds like an interesting play here that is also shaving some money.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
i dont love how the major league club is run rn, but gmbc running of this draft so far has been peak professionalism. no leaks, seemingly all his ducks in a row ahead of time. truly impressive stuff and hopefully the same attention to detail hits federal st soon

Reactions: ImporterExporter

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
i dont love how the major league club is run rn, but gmbc running of this draft so far has been peak professionalism. no leaks, seemingly all his ducks in a row ahead of time. truly impressive stuff and hopefully the same attention to detail hits federal st soon

Agreed. I've been signing his praises for a while now. I think most of the trades he's made have been positive, 2020's draft seems like it might shape up to be pretty darn good. And now you throw in the first 4 rounds this year?

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
It'll be interesting to see. When Rutschman was drafted, he played a few games in rookie ball, then went to low A for a few weeks, and finished up in high A. I would expect something similar for Davis. Obviously there are a number of very good pitchers at high A who you'd love for him to line up with, and maybe we think his bat is advanced enough that he'll do fine there, but I'd be surprised if he goes there quickly.

For selfish reasons, it's better if he goes to Bradenton, since then we can watch him more on MiLB tv.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
If I were betting I'd say we might completely ride out with college seniors, then in round 11 take a prep we either have some agreement with or just want to see if we can afford if the rest of it lines up well.

This is a very minor thing, but with covid wiping out the draft last year, there's maybe a little more of a possibility for surprise upside out of college seniors this year, since some of it is spillover from last year and due to the structure of the draft, they have no leverage to negotiate really.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Looks like the Pirates got their financial stuff figured out at this point. Looks like they went cheap on rounds 4-6 and are now sitting fine with the spending limits.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
As a Pitt fan it’s nice to see the Pirates steal players away from Clemson and Penn State. It’s petty but it’s basically all we’ve got.

Reactions: Gallatin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad