OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: About that Hayes kid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Bolton was moved to the pen due to injury issues I think.

The thing about rating MLB prospects is that there are so many differences between them that it makes it difficult. It's best to focus on the individual tools of the players, and then the task of gathering lots of different players. Sounds cliche, but it also gives you a better sense of who can do what and potentially when (though this is the hard thing to know). And guys who are in the low minors can really take off and become much different players after 18 or 24 months.

In other words, in many cases, there really isn't much difference between the 9th ranked guy and the 14th ranked guy.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think Davis will be at the top of the Pirates prospect pool, but I don't think I'd have Solometo as high as others have said here. I don't see a huge difference between him and Yean just yet, and I'd have probably about 5-6 pitchers alone above Solometo and Yean within the Pirates system.

I'd have Priester, Yajure, Malone, Contreras, Thomas and Mlodzinski above Solometo right now in terms of starting pitchers. I'd also have Bolton above him, but he inexplicably got moved to the bullpen for reasons I don't really get.

Bolton is hurt. So that in of itself drops him below.

Michael Burrows has had a fantastic year as a SP in Greensboro and supposedly it isn't a fluke given his stuff (if someone has a more recent/detailed scouting report on him drop it in here). He's ascended over quite a few of the guys on your list like Malone and Thomas.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
If BC can get Gage Jump at 72, I will totally be eating my words (and happy to do so) about any of the underslot strategy reservations I might have had.

Reactions: Gallatin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad