• Braden Schneider

• Niko 6PIM Mikkola

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Tarasenko is a star player make no mistake. I didn’t realize it until I saw it live but he has a presence on the ice. Very similar to when we got Marty St. Louis. Proven star. Proven winner. We are lucky to have him.

Also need to shoutout Chytil. Another great night for him and the kids. The only reason he didn’t have another couple goals was great saves by Smarty Jones.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
The play was offsides and it wasn't even close. They missed it and then called a penalty. The officiating was brutal. The delay of game call was total horseshit also. It was clearly defected. Just another night of NHL incompetence on display.

No, just classic Game Management

Reactions: egelband

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Ozolinsh is Latvian.
Good point, I didn't think about the difference between USSR and Russia.
Do we count Kasparaitis who played for Russia but was born in Lithuania?
02-03 had 6 Russian on the roster, unsure if they all ever played together, but I bet at least 4 dressed together once
05-06 had 4 Russians in the team (counting Kaspa against Montreal on 31 Oct

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Tarasenko is a star player make no mistake. I didn’t realize it until I saw it live but he has a presence on the ice. Very similar to when we got Marty St. Louis. Proven star. Proven winner. We are lucky to have him.

Also need to shoutout Chytil. Another great night for him and the kids. The only reason he didn’t have another couple goals was great saves by Smarty Jones.
Smarty Jones was a hell of a horse.

Reactions: McRanger92

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Good point, I didn't think about the difference between USSR and Russia.
Do we count Kasparaitis who played for Russia but was born in Lithuania?
02-03 had 6 Russian on the roster, unsure if they all ever played together, but I bet at least 4 dressed together once
05-06 had 4 Russians in the team (counting Kaspa against Montreal on 31 Oct
Mandela affect. I would have lost good money on betting that Kasparaitis was born in Latvia.
Further proof we are living in a simulation.

• Haha
Reactions: egelband and mike14

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
Mikkolo is on a 3 week trail - he’s got 10 plus games to show he can be counted on for the stretch run and playoffs.

If not we’ll trade for Nick Seeler / Justin Braun.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
The Rangers keep carrying Igor Shestyorkin with their steady offense, despite another horrific performance from Igor. The guy just can’t stop a top shelf snipe or a five hole breakaway shot on a move. Simply unacceptable.
I’ve accepted it and I’ve stayed cised.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
NHL officiating is really bad.

That ATM line is going to be really good when they click. You could see little hints of it throughout the game.

I was really happy to see Kakko get a goal. He’s kinda forgotten in Chytils success, but he’s been right there producing along side of him. He does all the dirty work on that line and it’s awesome to see him cash in. He tends to score in bunches, so let’s see if he gets rolling.

This team needs to learn to finish teams off. The refs were bad, but they make these mental mistakes that allow the opposition to get back into it. I think if this team has one real flaw it’s that.
It's hard to keep the foot on the gas when the officials insist on tilting the ice toward the team getting it's teeth kicked in. Would the officials keep their grubby mitts of things, the rangers win this one, like, 8-2.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
He was like he usually was. Plays a smart game, responsible, not on the wrong side of the puck, not involved in the scoring.
If he gets a few more games, he’s going to get some points. He easily could have had a few. The pass to Kreider that he flubbed and the puck bouncing over his stick on the breakaway.

Noticeable to me was one play in particular where he turned it over in the offensive zone but had the poise to recover, get back, make the defensive play and get the puck out of the zone.

He’s not hurting the team while he figures out the league.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The game was all about Tarasenko's debut and he'll fit right in as we all hoped.

Thought it was funny Trouba scored a PP goal on a soft backhand floater into the crease instead of the huge one time blaster he always shoots wide

Kakko was a beast, Laffy's passing sublime at times. Chytil could have kept his goal scoring streak alive but missed/goalie saved on a couple good chances. I liked to see Fil setup in the slot ready to shoot off a Kakko or Laf feed.

But the team breaks down in the neutral zone too much still and has trouble with speedy aggressive forechecks especially when they get tired.

The Kraken moved the puck well and had legs still in the 3rd period b2b. Is that allowed?

The refs were brutal but that's the normal now.
The officials are great if you're getting outplayed. Talk about lending a helping hand. Every effing time.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
When we were up 3-0 and Kreider had his stick slashed in half as he's trying to shoot a puck in tight and the ref just stared at him and didn't call anything you just knew it was going to be a game management shit show.
Same thing happened in the Calgary game. Rangers leading, Calgary guy just rips fox's stick out of his hand. Automatic penalty usually but...game management. It's so bad. Do fans really want games kept artificially close? I don't see what's in it for the league. It makes no sense.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad