• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
Yeah, it's pretty bizarre - he looks like a different goalie at home compared to on the road.
Honestly, I think he's putting too much pressure on himself. We know he's affected by the crowd when they get the Igor chant going after he makes some big stops.

He just needs to relax and play his game.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I know the stats are what they are, but they don’t always tell the whole story. We’ve seen them blow late leads that have resulted in losses.
Yes they have blown some leads in the 3rd. Mostly earlier in the year I remember games against NYI, NJD Edmonton in particular. Those ones stung. They have also had quite a few comebacks in the 3rd as well. More recently we were trailing in the 3rd against Carolina, Minny, and Dallas and won all 3. We seem to only remember the losses though. In general it's what happens during a marathon NHL season to most teams. Some good, some bad.

nyaz11

Jun 15, 2021
He looked good to me. Made some very noticable good plays both offensively and defensively. Uses his stick well. Some excellent passes too. Could have had a couple points. Also got knocked over a couple times and made a couple turnovers but I'd say the good far outweighed the bad.

I think this is both true and not true. His defensive effort is noticeable - which is a big thing. The blown breakaway with the puck hopping over his stick isn’t necessarily his fault - but even if he receives it and doesn’t score it’s the most memorable play.

He also has anywhere between 3-5 turnovers that weren’t necessarily glaring - but were boneheaded plays. More so in the neutral zone than the d zone.

His two biggest weakness are getting the puck out of the zone when his line is hemmed in — and getting the puck in deep after getting hemmed in. There were a few instances where his failure to both led to extended shifts against.

Vs the seattles of the world - it’s whatever. But come playoff time against the elites — they’re the exact mistakes that will bury a team.

He had a fine regular season performance— But if drury is making his deadline decision off of that game —- Kravstov won’t be in the playoff lineup and they’ll be making a trade.

Reactions: egelband

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
The guy just can’t stop a top shelf snipe or a five hole breakaway shot on a move
I’m willing to let the 5 hole breakaway go, it’s a very tough save when it’s pulled off properly. But this year it feels like he’s given up at least one top shelf snipe per game, sometimes two. Yes, they’re often from prime scoring positions but sometimes they’re not (back handed, bad angles) and in any case that’s just too many for an elite goalie. Igor was beat from a bad angle downlow when Seattle hit the bar last night, in addition to their top shelf snipe goal. I hope it’s Igor struggling at home/new baby/off year for him and not the league figuring him out. I lean to an off year for him because every butterfly goalie is somewhat vulnerable to top shelf and Igor is on the shorter side for goalies so I’d think the league would have known this from day one and so it’s probably just Igor having an off season not a league wide adjustment on him.

I loved the scouting reports on Hank from the national broadcasts in the playoffs ‘he’s vulnerable to high shots especially with players blocking his view’ no shit, that’s ‘beating a goalie 101’ since like 1999.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yes they have blown some leads in the 3rd. Mostly earlier in the year I remember games against NYI, NJD Edmonton in particular. Those ones stung. They have also had quite a few comebacks in the 3rd as well. More recently we were trailing in the 3rd against Carolina, Minny, and Dallas and won all 3. We seem to only remember the losses though. In general it's what happens during a marathon NHL season to most teams. Some good, some bad.

We've had more collapses than comebacks though. The three games you mentioned were multi-goal third period collapses. Our wins we were down one in the third.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

A407DBAD-0639-4DE5-9EC9-2C480FD08D14.gif

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3