• Niko 6PIM Mikkola

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
The Rangers keep carrying Igor Shestyorkin with their steady offense, despite another horrific performance from Igor. The guy just can’t stop a top shelf snipe or a five hole breakaway shot on a move. Simply unacceptable.
Igor was the reason it was 3-0 after the 1st and not 3-3. Rangers defense was not great all night.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
It was more than that tonight though. They missed an obvious offsides and then called a penalty and they missed the call on the delay of game which isn't a judgement call. They just f***ed up. There were others too. Atrocious.
The “best” was when ref M Joanette (sp?) skated over to announce a penalty - I think it was Mikkola’s first (post-whistle hi stick) - and he took ten seconds before he finally remembered what he was doing. So symbolic of a terrible, inconsistent effort.

I wonder if the headshot against Lindy gets a look from DoPS…

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
This was beyond game management tonight, it was the highest form of incompetence.

The missed off sides (this wasn't a close one, it was clear as f*** in real time) and Delay of Game penalties are things that should never happen. You can't catch everything, but these are so egregious.

Fox got called for something at the end there that rarely gets whistled. Like just f*** off.

With a game tomorrow night it’s likely that they went into auto pilot mode way too soon and then we had to deal with the refs. Glad they got the win and hopefully they’re ready to empty the tank tomorrow.
Yeah. It was revealing that they refused to review the pick over the glass. Plausible deniability. Anything to keep Seattle in it. Didn't the Seattle goalie also chuck his stick at someone breaking in? Isn't that an automatic penalty?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Anyone summarize Kravtsov tonight?

I was working

I mean his thread is empty so I assume i know the answer
He looked good to me. Made some very noticable good plays both offensively and defensively. Uses his stick well. Some excellent passes too. Could have had a couple points. Also got knocked over a couple times and made a couple turnovers but I'd say the good far outweighed the bad.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The “best” was when ref M Joanette (sp?) skated over to announce a penalty - I think it was Mikkola’s first (post-whistle hi stick) - and he took ten seconds before he finally remembered what he was doing. So symbolic of a terrible, inconsistent effort.

I wonder if the headshot against Lindy gets a look from DoPS…
That penalty was the only legit one on mikkola and it was barely a penalty. Ever notice how the refs sometimes seem too target a particular player, usually a no-name/end of the bench type guy...

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Thank you Tarasenko with an assist from Bread...release the Kraken my ass.

W5eKBV6.jpg

Reactions: tlk

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
It's hard to keep the foot on the gas when the officials insist on tilting the ice toward the team getting its teeth kicked in. Would the officials keep their grubby mitts of things, the rangers win this one, like, 8-2.
If this were one or two games I’d agree, that’s hockey, if happens, but this team has done it a lot this year and it’s cost them games. When they’re up 3 going into the 3rd I never feel safe.

Reactions: egelband

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
If this were one or two games I’d agree, that’s hockey, if happens, but this team has done it a lot this year and it’s cost them games. When they’re up 3 going into the 3rd I never feel safe.
I've checked a couple of weeks ago, they were one of the highest scoring teams in the 3rds league-wide.
In GA however, somewhere around 11th or was it 17th?
But that was before the streak and probably before Halak's resurgence.

And it's right on .com btw

UPD
Yep 3th GF/11th GA but that was a month ago

It's now 4th (many teams are v close, behind the Broons) / 9th

So I guess you've got what you wished for?

Last edited:

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I've checked a couple of weeks ago, they were one of the highest scoring teams in the 3rds league-wide.
In GA however, somewhere around 11th or was it 17th?
But that was before the streak and probably before Halak's resurgence.

And it's right on .com btw

UPD
Yep 3th GF/11th GA but that was a month ago

It's now 4th (many teams are v close, behind the Broons) / 9th

So I guess you've got what you wished for?

I know the stats are what they are, but they don’t always tell the whole story. We’ve seen them blow late leads that have resulted in losses.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
How did Mikkola play?
He didn’t really looked to be the stay at home defenseman that was advertised. Remember seeing him roam all the way behind the net and around the wall in the offensive zone at one point. Him and Schneider definitely need some time to build chemistry.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
I know the stats are what they are, but they don’t always tell the whole story. We’ve seen them blow late leads that have resulted in losses.
Like when? And vs whom

The upturn as we know has begun around the second week of Dec. Since then we've lost 7, Of those 4 in the reg. That includes a bitter loss to the Pens, a no-show vs the Caps, low-key loss to the Broons and a hangover-ish one vs the Habs.
Now ofc one could argue at least the losers' point should've been all 2.. And even the wins should've been more comfortable. But on this I can only agree with GG - you play to win.
To make one's concerns more substantiated one will have to go pretty far and sift thru data on a couple of reg. ssns and how have the teams eventually going deep into the play-off have done on this front. If many of them also had a significant no of shaky wins - then it's not a concern is it?

not to mention factoring in the reasons like why the last game became *sort of* shaky later on. It's a lot of work I reckon.

I'm obviously all for them becoming more stable as the seasons closes off and as the last ssn has shown they're perfectly capable of doing just that. With the bodies returning from inj/traded in. We'll see.

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I said it elsewhere but this game was a clinic in game management.

Should have been 8-2.
Bingo! Purely pathetic. I'm sorry but when a team is pummeling another (deservedly so) refs shouldn't do this, IDC what their memo says. As a fan, I prefer legit penalty calling and the occasional 8-2 rout.

• Love

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
My 2 cents, besides the horrific reffing. Obviously great to see Tank getting off his 2 minute schneid. Didn't want the pressure if NY get to him. So there's that.
Crowd was in PO atmosphere as well as my GF and I were in the living room. Great stuff. We took it to them early and midway.
They did what they had to do and coasted into HUGE game tonight.
Kids were amazing as "usual". Amazing we can even finally say that. Agreed?

Reactions: egelband and bl02

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
If he gets a few more games, he’s going to get some points. He easily could have had a few. The pass to Kreider that he flubbed and the puck bouncing over his stick on the breakaway.

Noticeable to me was one play in particular where he turned it over in the offensive zone but had the poise to recover, get back, make the defensive play and get the puck out of the zone.

He’s not hurting the team while he figures out the league.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad