Value of: Radko Gudas

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
What is the value? I'd like him pairing with Jordie Benn.. he's righty and bring a physical presence plus he could step in a top-4 role in case of injury.

I don't know what the Flyers needs from the Habs but something like De La Rose and a 3rd round pick could work?

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
While others think of him as a goon, he was our best dman last year and is very very valuable to the team. Not a chance he is getting traded. Certainly not for junk like a second rounder or third roundeer + b prospect. I don't think they would trade him for an overpayment. In other words, they would not trade him for a first round + b+ prospect. We have plenty of picks and prospects He is not going anywhere.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
why would Flyers need De La Rose? Where would De La Rose even play? What line? Is he the scorer LW we are looking for?
While others think of him as a goon, he was our best dman last year and is very very valuable to the team. Not a chance he is getting traded. Certainly not for junk like a second rounder or third roundeer + b prospect. I don't think they would trade him for an overpayment. He is not going anywhere.
Who thinks Gudas is a goon? lol

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Man I'd offer a fair bit for Gudas. Love him as a Dman. But see no way Philly moves him.

BTW that offer in the OP is pretty trash..

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Terrible, terrible offer. DLR, while good defensively, is a black hole offensively and has no upside past the fourth line, and a 3rd round pick? What exactly does this do for Philly? They need Gudas, just because they are stacked on D prospects doesn't mean he's movable. He's the only NHL caliber dman they have and a good one at that. He's still youngish too and a 3D imo. Flyers needs are a top 6 LW (preferably a guy who can shoot) or a goalie, if they're not getting one of these guys or a guy with potential to be one of these guys why would they move him, he's important

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
The most physical top four defenseman in the league... good defensively and can pot 10G put up 25Pts... Dudes good

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Terrible, terrible offer. DLR, while good defensively, is a black hole offensively and has no upside past the fourth line, and a 3rd round pick? What exactly does this do for Philly? They need Gudas, just because they are stacked on D prospects doesn't mean he's movable. He's the only NHL caliber dman they have and a good one at that. He's still youngish too and a 3D imo. Flyers needs are a top 6 LW (preferably a guy who can shoot) or a goalie, if they're not getting one of these guys or a guy with potential to be one of these guys why would they move him, he's important

huh?

You must have meant something else since we also have Provy and Ghost. Maybe you meant RHD?

The rest you are right on.

Provy XXXX
XXXX Gudas
XXXX Ghost

AMac and Manning are what need to be removed. Sanheim, Morin and Hagg will fight it out for likely spots with the 3rd going back to AHL. Not that they are not as good as Manning or AMac, but will the coach trust 3 rookies?

Gudas is going nowhere.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
Atleast the OP's moniker fits the trade proposal. The Flyers have many guys like De La Rose chomping at the bit....Doesn't look like he's anything special or even good enough to fetch a NHL regular, he's just a body.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
You have Jordie Benn penciled in to the second pair? I get that he's a super nice guy (I ran into him multiple times around Dallas), but he's a solid, defensive-focused, bottom pairing defenseman.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Flyers are gonna keep Gudas.
Gudas is going into his 6th season in the NHL so he's the guy on defense that the kids will look to for leadership on defense.

Only MacDonald has been in the NHL longer then Gudas on the Flyers defense and Manning broke in the NHL around same time Gudas did. MacDonald and Manning are 6th and 7th defensemen and don't hold no where near the value or importance that Gudas brings.

Also Gudas is the most solid defensive defender the Flyers have outside of Provorov.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You have Jordie Benn penciled in to the second pair? I get that he's a super nice guy (I ran into him multiple times around Dallas), but he's a solid, defensive-focused, bottom pairing defenseman.

Well the habs don't have many second pair options. They can put alzner with petry on the second pair I guess

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
The Habs have a respectable enough looking defense now. Sure it could use upgrades but the Habs more pressing need is at 1C.

1st LD Alzner RD Weber
2nd LD Benn RD Petry
3rd LD Davidson RD Schlemko

Scratched List
LD Morrow
LD Streit

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Would have rather traded a first and 2 2nds for him than Hamonic?

Would that have even got it done?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Would have rather traded a first and 2 2nds for him than Hamonic?

Would that have even got it done?

Value wise, yes for me. But we really have no reason to trade a top 4 Dman, our only RHD, who has 3 years left and only gets paid 3.35 million.

The Flyers need good Dmen and are going to get them from within. AMac and Manning are the ones that need to go. Not Gudas.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hes so much better than his perceived HF Boards value.

Top 30 in ES scoring and top 10 in Corsi For Relative among dmen last season.

He has become a very good player.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What is the value? I'd like him pairing with Jordie Benn.. he's righty and bring a physical presence plus he could step in a top-4 role in case of injury.

I don't know what the Flyers needs from the Habs but something like De La Rose and a 3rd round pick could work?

It would take a lot more than throw way assets for Gudas.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

The flyers needs are to keep Gudas unless Montreal is offering something silly, like Galchenyuk or Drouin, which obviously isn't happening.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I'd want:

Mid first round pick, a 2nd rounder and a B+ or better prospect prospect

or

An under 24 forward already producing in the NHL

It may sound like a lot, but Gudas is a unique quality defenseman signed for 3 more seasons at a with a caphit under 3.5. He has improved so much over the last 2 years and I am excited to see what he can do next year where he is in a more leader oriented role on our young defense.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Gudas is actually a ****ing fantastic defenseman. I'd take him on the Rangers in a second over Smith..

WN6Rmdw.png

He's absolutely a #2 defenseman on just about any team in the league, AND he is right handed. Bieksa went for a 2nd round pick at the draft 2 years ago... Gudas would easily be worth a low 2nd (30-40th pick) and an upper tier prospect--AT THE LEAST.

That said, there's no way philly moves him... There would have to be a large overpayment offered--by large, I mean a 1st and an NHL-ready prospect... No way a team trades that for 2 years of Gudas, no matter the cap hit. Even then, he's probably worth more to the flyers than those assets would be anyway unless that Asset was something like Sheary or Guentzel

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'd pay a lot to have Gudas back on the Lightning. The guy was my favorite player at the time and the team lost a lot of personality when he got traded. Although the trade helped us a lot in our playoff runs I'd take the trade back without hesitation if I could choose. People really hate Gudas so much they can't realize how good of a d-man he actually is.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I want gudas. Other than being suspended all the time he is a great dman. So if he was able to be had for so little I would want the oilers to get him. Expecially before we had russel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad