Radim Vrbata Pt. 2

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Much better passer too, which is more evident away from the Sedins. He's not a Henrik-like playmaker but he can create good chances for another goalscorer. With Bonino looking better (getting healthier?), he might be able to start taking advantage of that more.

Agreed...he's no Henrik. Henrik is a good enough playmaker to make plays out of nothing. But Vrbata is good enough to find the open man when a defensive system is cheating, which is a HUGE threat increase compared to the last few years.

leftwinglockdown

Dude Guy
Apr 29, 2011
Canada
Vrbata is just so smooth and calm. The guy is a cold-blooded assassin out there. It's a damn shame he wasted his peak with the Coyotes. He scored 35 goals with them!

If he was on a real team during that timespan he might have been able to put together a few more 30+ goal seasons and maybe a 40.

I guess he might end up as another one of those great underrated players that'll never get the recognition he deserves...unless he pulls off a Justin Williams-type playoff run or something...

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Vrbata is just so smooth and calm. The guy is a cold-blooded assassin out there. It's a damn shame he wasted his peak with the Coyotes. He scored 35 goals with them!

If he was on a real team during that timespan he might have been able to put together a few more 30+ goal seasons and maybe a 40.

I guess he might end up as another one of those great underrated players that'll never get the recognition he deserves...unless he pulls off a Justin Williams-type playoff run or something...

You know, I could actually see it. The guy has what I would call a quiet game face about him. He doesn't look like your rah rah warrior but he seems to have a certain swagger in the big games.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
So, uhh... anyone notice that Vrbata is only 6 points behind Henrik Sedin, and 8 behind Daniel?

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
He used to be the streakiest of scorers (except for one Phx year) over the years, but this year he seemed to be 'on' for a big part of the 82 games. I credit the twins for guiding out his 'A' game. I am very impressed with his accuracy, patience, defense, positioning, and just how well he jelled with whichever line he was slotted into. He is the one player everyone keyed on to shoot. and he delivers like an all-star.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
He used to be the streakiest of scorers (except for one Phx year) over the years, but this year he seemed to be 'on' for a big part of the 82 games. I credit the twins for guiding out his 'A' game. I am very impressed with his accuracy, patience, defense, positioning, and just how well he jelled with whichever line he was slotted into. He is the one player everyone keyed on to shoot. and he delivers like an all-star.

I'm pretty sure I read/heard recently he hasn't gone more than 4 without a goal this year. That's amazing consistency.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
So, uhh... anyone notice that Vrbata is only 6 points behind Henrik Sedin, and 8 behind Daniel?

Yeah, this part of it has flown way under the radar. I think we all knew that Vrbata would be the way goals leader on this team but who would have thought he'd be closing the gap in total points as the season winds down? Insane.

It also just feels so nice to have an offensive centrepiece on the 2nd line. Like, the Canucks aren't just patching together a 2nd line. They've actually got a player to be the linchpin. We haven't had that since Kesler circa 09-11.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
He is doing a fantastic job driving that second line atm. Thank God Iggy turned Benning down because Vrby is an awesome addition

Eh....I don't know about that. As much as Vrbata has been a huge addition to the team, I think Iginla would have offered more for this club aside from goals. Grit, toughness and leadership. Iggy is a leader and there's no doubt Linden and Benning wanted him bad. Iggy also has 26 goals now and is a lot more consistent in his career. Not to mention, he'd probably have a bigger impact on Kassian.

But Vrby is a nice consolidation prize for sure. Good stuff.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridescent View Post
Anything is possible. It's incredibly improbable. 60 points is just beyond unreasonable. Look at how this team is constructed, and based on tonight clearly going to be coached.

We aren't going to be an offensive powerhouse. We will struggle with possession and scoring goals. There is next to zero chance Vrbata hits 60 points this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts McCann View Post
Vrbata could easily hit 60 points. His line mates are by far the best he's ever played with and they have shown instant chemistry. They'll be even better by the half way point. I'm calling 65 points. 30 goal season. But we shall see.

Huh...looks like I was prettty, prettty close and Iridescent gets the pie.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
I enjoyed reading over that first thread just to laugh at what the likes of the typically negative y2kcanucks, Silly Rabbit, Liquid Snake etc... were saying.

leftwinglockdown

Dude Guy
Apr 29, 2011
Canada
Eh....I don't know about that. As much as Vrbata has been a huge addition to the team, I think Iginla would have offered more for this club aside from goals. Grit, toughness and leadership. Iggy is a leader and there's no doubt Linden and Benning wanted him bad. Iggy also has 26 goals now and is a lot more consistent in his career. Not to mention, he'd probably have a bigger impact on Kassian.

But Vrby is a nice consolidation prize for sure. Good stuff.

I was so glad we missed the boat on Iginla as I thought Vrbata was the better player. We weren't going to get the Iginla of old who could carry a line by himself. Vrbata on the other hand remains one of the most efficient scorers in the league and plus, he came with a lower price tag.

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent year Iginla is having but he's just lucky that he gets to play with such a talented forward group in Colorado.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i still can't get over his goal the other night picking the top left corner while turning around.

i mean i hate christian laettner more than i hate sbisa, shane o'brien, brent sopel, and dana murzyn combined, but it was like watching this:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad